Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MRT Hood Strut Problems.... EDIT W/PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Default MRT Hood Strut Problems.... EDIT W/PICS!!!

I just ordered some MRT Hood struts and got em on but now my hood is raised up in both corners (more so on the left as you look at the car)

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? I tightened all the bolts as much as they would go but cant figure out how to fix it.

Thanks,
James
Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MRT Hood Strut Problems....

try the hood stops (little round rubber things with springs under them) right on the front were the hood closes
Old 12-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

The front end is closing flush its the back where the hood struts are thats raised up
Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

sorry cant help u there..................let me bump this for you though
Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hmmmmm......this is new to me....maybe someone will chime in soon that has them! Post pics too and we might see if it was installed differently or wrong? Just throwing out some ideas J
Old 12-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

I will go snap some pics now actually good idea 1 sec
Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Heres the struts from multiple angles let me know if I have the install wrong... looked like the instructions pics though so bleh...

Thats both sides from tons of angles so lemme know what I did wrong...

Heres the left side of the hood on the front and the back...

Sorry its dirty but its been rainin for 3 days and I washed it in the middle even haha
Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Is it me or are these brackets not flush?

I don't have any experience w/ MRT (using CDC) but these brackets loo odd in the photo. Maybe not flush??

[IMG]local://upfiles/61548/FE4353B47410453D81FDFFB2951BD736.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61548/3BFABF9E18AC44B5BC0F4B14BD66854E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Ok, I have looked at the pics and I think the brackets and the pistons that they are attached to are flipped. In that I mean the shocks should sit in the channel where the fenders bolt up to. It looks like yours are on the outer part on each side and they are hitting something in the way. Looks like the drivers side the plastic piece from the air conditioner might be hitting that. The brackets might need to be reversed so the shock is on the inner aspect of the fender furthest from the engine bay itself.....not sure if I am getting my point across right butI had a friend with the same problem and it worked. Also maybe just the shock itself can be reversed so the thicker end is sitting opposite of what it is now! Leanding more room for the strut to close flush. Hope it helps and soon others with the struts will be on to help clarify or diagnose the problem. J It is definitely the setup and IMO recheck everything again with the instructions. Hope it helps!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Ok, I have looked at the pics and I think the brackets and the pistons that they are attached to are flipped. In that I mean the shocks should sit in the channel where the fenders bolt up to. It looks like yours are on the outer part on each side and they are hitting something in the way. Looks like the drivers side the plastic piece from the air conditioner might be hitting that. The brackets might need to be reversed so the shock is on the inner aspect of the fender furthest from the engine bay itself.....not sure if I am getting my point across right butI had a friend with the same problem and it worked. Also maybe just the shock itself can be reversed so the thicker end is sitting opposite of what it is now! Leanding more room for the strut to close flush. Hope it helps and soon others with the struts will be on to help clarify or diagnose the problem. J It is definitely the setup and IMO recheck everything again with the instructions. Hope it helps!
u might be right I just checked the lower brackets in my pics vs the pics on the MRT site and I think they are swapped. BRB gonna check outside haha

Quick Reply: MRT Hood Strut Problems.... EDIT W/PICS!!!