Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING LABELS

Old 12-07-2007, 12:44 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WARNING LABELS

I took mine off with a hair-dryer and some goo-gone, but they didn't totally come off (there's still some residue on each visor) and I haven't bothered to try to fix it yet.

It's barely noticeable unless I'm consciously thinking about it or looking around my car for some reason, but still, yuck.

I was thinking about just taking mine in to a fabric place somewhere and getting them leather-wrapped to match the seats/steering wheel/etc, but that's an un-important mod which will just have to wait.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:39 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have the same ones and the guy on ebay changed a few words on mine like "500+ hp" and "0-60 in 4.4 seconds!" Of course the HP is at the motor but who cares I am glad to be able to have that written on there and it is awesome conversation piece at car shows! JMO J

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Or check Ebay for these.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

I took mine off with a hair-dryer and some goo-gone, but they didn't totally come off (there's still some residue on each visor) and I haven't bothered to try to fix it yet.

It's barely noticeable unless I'm consciously thinking about it or looking around my car for some reason, but still, yuck.

I was thinking about just taking mine in to a fabric place somewhere and getting them leather-wrapped to match the seats/steering wheel/etc, but that's an un-important mod which will just have to wait.
Try spraying some Goo Gone on them then take a toothbrush and gently brush the residue off.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

I just emailed the ebay guy about doing a special one for me...All your 300 hp blah blah blah doesn't apply to my slow ***
Old 12-07-2007, 02:44 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Minimal amounts of GooGoneand toothbrush
Old 12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Not that it matters - I don't think the "warning label police" are going to break down your door or anything - but I think that is a Federal offense to remove those, as they are considered a "safety" item.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:09 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

Not that it matters - I don't think the "warning label police" are going to break down your door or anything - but I think that is a Federal offense to remove those, as they are considered a "safety" item.
Hmm...interesting! So what do they say about cars that are old and the sticker peels off? I wonder if it's something that is checked when the car is inspected......I'm thinking NOT.
Kind of like that tag that is on your mattress that is not supposed to be removed.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

My wife has this clothes steamer thing that is supposed to take the place of an iron. You know, hang them up and steam them until the wrinkles are gone. Well, it might as well have been made fore removing the stickers on the visor. Completely gone the first try. No residue, no sign they ever existed.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:25 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Only after you buy the mattress and the car you can pull off the labels! Before that I do know it is a federal offense to removethe mattress label BEFORE buying.....after you buy it doesn't matter!
ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Hmm...interesting! So what do they say about cars that are old and the sticker peels off? I wonder if it's something that is checked when the car is inspected......I'm thinking NOT.
Kind of like that tag that is on your mattress that is not supposed to be removed.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I would consider it like those tags on pillows and mattresses. It may be OK for the owner to remove them. They are there for your consideration, but once you buy it, it's yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WARNING LABELS