Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:08 AM
gotmineNov04

Default daytime running lights

Are/were daytime running lights an option? Can they be added on? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:38 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

Default RE: daytime running lights

Not an option on this car. im sure it can be added if you wanted to go aftermarket..
Old 03-15-2005, 10:28 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Why would you want to put DRL's on a mustang..unless your a woman then that is understandable....
Old 03-15-2005, 01:37 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

Some states have laws where you MUST have your lights on during the day under certain conditions. In CA for example, you have to turn your lights on if conditions require you to run your wipers (i.e. foggy or anytime it's raining.) My last vehicle had DRL so it's hard to get adjusted to turning them on everytime I need them. They would come in hany for my situation, and I'm not a chick. [8D]
Old 03-15-2005, 01:47 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

what a brainless remark. Even if you're trying to be funny the remark of you understanding if it was a woman requesting DRL is just stupid. Many states have laws requiring lights on while it is raining. I agree having DRL makes this easier.

Personally I'm glad the stang doesn't have them but can certainly see in some cases it is a nice to have. I'd look for an aftermarket solution.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Web Electric offers it. Cheap, too.

www.webelectricmagazine.com
Old 03-15-2005, 03:08 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

California sucks and they are just making new laws to pulling more money.. I hope arnold can kick some a@@ here and get things straght again.

ORIGINAL: BradC

Some states have laws where you MUST have your lights on during the day under certain conditions. In CA for example, you have to turn your lights on if conditions require you to run your wipers (i.e. foggy or anytime it's raining.) My last vehicle had DRL so it's hard to get adjusted to turning them on everytime I need them. They would come in hany for my situation, and I'm not a chick. [8D]
Old 03-15-2005, 03:21 PM
ddd1968rt

Default RE: Daytime Running Lights Available from Ford Accessories

[/quote]

They are available from Ford Accessories:

http://www.fordaccessories.com/produ...=13B218&dept=9

Automatic Headlamps
These automatic headlamps turn on when darkness is sensed. A time delay feature leaves the headlamps off when you leave the vehicle to light your path.
Automatic headlamps also include the daytime running light feature which burns lamps at 75% during the day for added saftey.

Year: 2005
Style: Mustang

Price: $73.00

http://www.fordaccessories.com/produ...3B218-1&dept=9

Daytime Running Lamps
Daytime running lamps help give you added safety on the road by making your vehicle more visible. Vehicle's headlamps are illuminated at 75% of normal operating range during the day.
System engages and disengages automatically. Available for most vehicles. Shown here on a Mustang,

Year: 2005
Style: Mustang

Price: $63.00

Old 03-15-2005, 03:40 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

Any idea of how diffifcult it would be to install the DRL yourself? That site doesn't give a whole lot of information about the setup.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:08 AM
gotmineNov04

Glad it wasn't just me that thought Camel's response was a bit neanderthal and hostile. If I'm a woman, I'm as gay as they get (and functionally literate as well). Maybe he would understand a little more about what GT owners wanted if he actually were one.

BTW, Dave, thanks for the info. I ordered my candy-*** auto headlamps/daytime running lamps from the FordAccessories website tonight.

And don't worry, Camel, the GT won't look any different.

Quick Reply: daytime running lights