Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach lowering springs experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 AM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach lowering springs experience

wait until you can purchase the dampers.. do it all at once. it will save you $$ on labor plus, your car will ride like poop... seriously, you will be hating bumps in the road at high speed.

you might not need the panhard bar. it just depends on how your car aligns. each car is different.... everything aligned perfectly for me. the drop on the pro kit is not that aggressive in the rear, but my front has settled quite a bit.

also, if you go with the complete Eibach package you might save some dough in the long run. I might suggest the Eibach Pro System Plus which includes the springs, dampers, bushings, & sway bars. The sway bars were really effective in reducing body roll. I did the canyon run with the California guys a couple weeks ago and I felt like I was driving a different car...

here is a link from summit to the eibach systems...

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...=KeywordSearch

good luck..

[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-27-2007, 12:23 PM
stangboy555
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I got my Pro-kit installed last week and definitely feel it has worsened the ride. Number one is that the steering wheel shakes when I go over 60 and it is too soft over high speed surface changes on the freeway. Almost like it's bottoming out when I drop down on the other side of a bridge.
The steering also feels too loose when I turn it side to side.

I'm going to have to come up with a list of parts I will need to get it back to at least the same quality of ride as stock.
I consider stock ride to be an 8 on a scale of 0-10. With just the Pro-Kit it's like a 6!
So it looks like the adjustable Tokicos, dampers and adjustable camber plates are on my belated X-mas wish list?
Anyone know of a shop that will do this in the L.A. area? Maybe we can show up as a group for a Mod Fest!
Take it back, the only thing you should be feeling is a stiffer ride, not shaking or any of the other stuff you're seeing.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:57 PM
rcaponong
1st Gear Member

I had the Pro-Kit for about a year and a half and the ride was very bouncy, even on smooth surfaces. I finally installed the entire Eibach set which included the shocks and struts and it has improved the ride quality at least 80%.

I didn't want to mix and match manufacturers so I stayed with Eibach for the shocks and struts and I am very happy. The aesthetic appeal has increased 10 fold just by dropping it about an inch, so whatever you give up in comfort is more than made up for in stance.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Im on my second lowered car. The first one I used TEIN and it was harsh and bouncy as hell but it felt really good on corners. This time I got les to install eibach's dropped 1.6" front and 2" back and on the 19's that Im using it feels better than when it was stock....might sound weird but its a better drive.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
PhattyDre16
2nd Gear Member

Damn I was hoping the springs would ride just fine. O well, looks like I have another thing to save money for.

Cars sure are expensive hobbies, huh?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PhattyDre16

Damn I was hoping the springs would ride just fine. O well, looks like I have another thing to save money for.

Cars sure are expensive hobbies, huh?
Well, I just got back from the tire shop and got all 4 wheels balanced and guess what? Galpin never bothered to rebalance my new wheels after they painted them!
So today we took off the old, factory weights and saw that they hadn't been painted underneath, an old clip was still on them, and the air pressure was different in all tires! Now I see why they were selling them for so cheap! Next time I'll but the take-offs and do the prep work and painting myself.
So yes, as it turns out all I needed was a good rebalancing, so thanks PhattyDre16 for being the first to suggest that. I had some extra time today so I dropped by Foogert's on Sepulveda at Washington. My father has been going there for decades and they did a great job on the new wheels/tires. If you're in West LA give them a try the next time you need service.

I had noticed the shaking started at 50mph and got real bad at 70. After balancing there was heavy traffic so it took awhile to find an open stretch of road but I am happy to report that there was NO shaking at all even up to 90+ (found an open stretch on PCH!) and I'd say the ride is back up to about a 7.3! Hopefully new shocks/struts will get me back over an 8 on the ride quality scale of 1-10, which is my preference.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
LV Crosshair

I see that there is much preference for Ebiachs...is there any reason why nobody has or talks about the 2007-08 SVT MUSTANG HANDLING PACK?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9924
Old 12-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

That is because the Ford parts are made by other companies. The springs for one are made by Eibach. Ford uses the Eibach Pro-kit in their setups.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:11 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

Are the Saleen springs any good?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrhykushi

Are the Saleen springs any good?
I was just looking at all the spring packages on Moss
The Steeda's lower 1 inch all around.
Eibach's lower the back a little more than the front, which I felt was needed.

Quick Reply: Eibach lowering springs experience