Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering spring install question AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default lowering spring install question AGAIN

Tomorrow I will be having Ford Racing springs installed and a front end alignment and was quoted just over 600 for everything including the alignment.

225 for the springs
29 each for the camber bolts
forgot what labor was
alignment cost didnt ask

My question is this... Does this sound like a good price?
Yes I can do the install myself at a friends garage but I am worried about bottoming out leaving his garage after the install because he has a small speed bump entering his garage
Old 12-26-2007, 04:15 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: lowering spring install question AGAIN

I just got mine done at les schwab for about 500...they installed eibach shocks and did the allignment. Its a helluva difference having had guys done mine on my previous car....its just a lot better when a professional installs them.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

The Ford springs are just Eibach-Pro. $225 is a decent price. $29 for camber bolts is a good price. Alignment should be about $60-80. Add that up - 225+29+80=334. Therefore they are charging you about $266 for labor. I don't know what the standard #hrs is for this job. All and all its seems like a fair price to me.

Of course you could save the labor if you did the install yourself. What is the diameter of your tires? If its not to small you probably won't have a bottom out issue at your friend's garage. At the moment I have stock 17" with stock Pirellis and Eibach-Proand have not had any speed bump problems.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:30 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raylandm

I just got mine done at les schwab for about 500...they installed eibach shocks and did the allignment. Its a helluva difference having had guys done mine on my previous car....its just a lot better when a professional installs them.
wouldn't a professional install the springs the same way you would? There's only one way they can possibly go in,unless you are talking about the alignment?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I have Tein S-Tech springs which drop the car 1.7" and 2.0" in the back and I rarely have any issues with bottoming out with the stock 17" tires on the car...so I would think you should be fine leaving the driveway considering your drop will be less aggressive than mine...I hadn't done springs on the s197 before and it only took me about 3-4 hours total to do everything...
Old 12-26-2007, 04:40 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

I have the ford K springs. I got them for under $200 becuase I was able to get a dealer discount. If you have some knowledge. Do the install yourself with a friend. Not worth labor. The alignment wasa rip off. The guy charged 30 minutes of labor to install 2 of the adjustment bolts. They charged me a total of $160 to do my alignment. Come to find out, I looked and guess what. They didn't use 2 bolts.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

I did mine myself but for curiosity reasons I called Les Schwab and told them I could get theEibachs for $250 and so for the spings and labor he quoted me$380 if i remember correctly. I thought...not bad

Dont know if Les Schwabwould do that for you in your area though
Old 12-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Not only that, but $29.00 per bolt!!! WHAT!!! That's overpriced!!! I did mine myself in about an hour. If you have a lift, it takes no time at all.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:00 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

I have the K springs as well. I never bottom out. The only thing I had to do was put blocks of wood under the front tires when letting the jack down so I could extract the jack. Other than that, ride quality is about the same I had when stock.

I got my K springs from Jegs, price-matched to Capaldi Racing. I got the springs and a pair of Eibach camber bolts all for under $200 shipped
I installed them with the help of my father, so no labor costs. I haven't gotten it aligned yet because I'm waiting for the springs to totally settle.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Springs for cheap

http://www.capaldiracing.com/isell3/product.php?id=359

Quick Reply: lowering spring install question AGAIN