Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My future modding plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:12 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Default My future modding plans

Probably within a year I'd like to begin working on this project. Pricy, though. Especially with custom emblems. Let me know what you think.

NELS GT as we know it:

GT500 as we all know it:

Err.. NELS GT 500?

Thats pretty much it. Do you like this better than the stock bumper/chinspoiler? I think it looks more agressive and is definetly unique. Theres at least 3 red/white GTs and 1 v6 in my area, I'm the only one with chinspoiler, shaker, etc.. of course, but this would DEFINETLY define me from the rest.

NELS GT

P-S, for those of you like Pascal who are wondering why I'm some sort of MustangForums freak all of the sudden, I have time off work for Christmas.. [8D] In a week or so I'll be gone again. LOL
Old 12-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My future modding plans

I think it will look awesome with the new front end! Do it.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, Mike.

Looking at my photoshop work I found that I actually like the smaller hood better than the GT500 "high" hood. I would do the hood too but I have my beloved Shaker already cut.

I also was contemplating NELS GT fender badges like the above, and even N E L S G T on the trunk lid, as well as a custom trunk badge. Already got GT500 style NELS GT sidestripes.

As I've said before, I'm on a huge quest of personalization (Nelson is my last name.) but I don't know how much is too much.

If I continue doing it tastefully (or at least I think I have so far. [8D]) then I should be fine, afterall, the GT500 doesn't look gaughty and I'm just doing alot of their techniques.

NELS GT
Old 12-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Nel forget about being a GT500 and be a GT with some muscle. Sorry but I can't tell you what you want to hear.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I don't really like the whole "NELLSGT" thing, but I think the GT500 front end looks awesome on our cars. As long as you don't put GT500 badges on it, it will look awesome.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

NELS GT is sort of a Nelson thing only, and I understand that, lol. But it'd be like if you made an "Eleanor / Ronaelle" type thing with a Cervini kit or whatever and put Cascianelli on the sides... It'd have a cool personalization type thing for you.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

since you are soliciting opinions - I'll give you mine. Leave it alone. I like the look of your car now better than the photoshop version with the GT500 front end.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:44 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

I say leave it. IMO, I'm not quite sure if I like the shaker with the white stripes? But on the other hand, I guess you could sell the stock bumper cover to the other red/white stangs in your area
Old 12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

I like the front end, There are a few people on the forum who have the gt500 front end.

If you plan on doing the front end w/ the hood. I'll buy your shaker hood from you
Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

I like the way your car looks now too. IMO, I would just add some rims, side window louvers, and maybe some side scoops.

What is the line on your drivers door?

Quick Reply: My future modding plans