Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VERY bad night

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Default VERY bad night

This isn't going to be a bitch or blaming anyone but myself. Just want to try to heighten awareness and tell people to PLEASE be carefull out there. That said, I was in a one car accident last night around 10:30 with my family in the car with me. Had just turned on to a highway and was accelerating up to speed, wasn't hammering down but wasn't being gentle either. Was up to maybe35-40 MPH. The road has a slightbend to the left but not bad. There was (as I later found out) a long line of sand and really small pea gravel (drive-way aggregate maybe) down the side of the road like a dump truck spilled the whole length of the bend. Whole car began to slide sideways like I was on ball bearings. I tried to power out of the slide butI had nevercut the traction controll off so it sort of began to correct then T/C kicked in and it acted likethe brakes were applied to the rear end,it overcorrected andjust snapped therear around to the right and sent me straight off into the woods. Well actually a very thick briar patch, no tree contact. I have not yet gone outside to look at my car, saw it in the dark and it wasn't pretty. I was scared, family was scared, very glad no one was hurt. Cop showed up, looked at things, asked me was there really a need for him to be there, and left. Don't know yet if that was good or bad, I hope my insurance company doesn't give me a hard time because of no report. I'll see. Guys, please be carefull. Even though I knew this road like the back of my hand, things had changed on it that I wasn't aware of and it's going to cost me. Had there been trees along the side of the road instead of briars it could have cost me or one of my family a whole lot more. Peace
Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 AM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Default RE: VERY bad night

Sounds like it was good night and not a bad night to me, you and your family are okay!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:06 AM
SMOKEin
1st Gear Member

+1 on the safe family part. Hope your insurance treats you right.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

At least you and your family are still in one piece. Good luck with the insurance.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

At least you didnt hit any trees... I can show you what happens...

http://photos.networkgeek.org/main.php?g2_itemId=13122

Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Consider this a good lesson![8D]
The other lesson is, don't f#ck around with a car full of people...
You would have been alone, you might of saved it. Less weight, less momentum.

In any case, glad no one's hurt, of course, butglad alsothat you might be contemplating front end upgrades.

Good luck and don't do this again will ya?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about it, glad you , and family are ok. You are right about not taking things for granted. A few years ago I was going down a twisty road that I used every day. It was night time, and as I was comming around the curve, there were a couple of cinder blocks in the middle of the road. I tried to avoid them, but still struck one of them. I was lucky to get away with minor damage, but it could have been much worse. The sides of that road had massive ditches full of water that I could have flipped into.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Glad to hear you and your family are ok, and hope your insurance company helps ya out
Old 01-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

that sucks
Old 01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Cop showed up, looked at things, asked me was there really a need for him to be there, and left.

Wow! I thought for sure he would ticket you for failing to control!

Quick Reply: VERY bad night