Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have You Ever Been Flashed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Have You Ever Been Flashed?

For the past few months in the evenings, I've been flashed.

I drive with both the standard lights and fog lights on at night (both because it looks meaner in a rear view mirror!) and have had brights flashed at me or turned on out of anger from vehicles in the opposite lane on smaller roads.

Naturally, I would assume it was because I left my brights on or my lights were pointed at the wrong angle. My brights weren't on and the angles were correct according to my dealer who had them checked twice.

My only question is, have you ever been flashed?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:55 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Have You Ever Been Flashed?

Not once, either in the way you mention, or the other "good" way... maybe since you have the fogs on too, people just assume you've got yourbrights on?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:15 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

I have been flashed a few times when I had my fogs on. When that happens I flash them with the high beams so that they feel stuip because they just realized that they were wrong
Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i get this done to me all the time. People assume that you have your bright lights on because the fogs are higher than people are use to seeing. Sooooooo what i usually do when people start flashing there lights at me is idoit right back at them........
Old 01-14-2008, 08:35 AM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Your getting flashed becasue of the fog cuttoff pattern.just turn your headlights on in your garage and look to see where the cutoff is. then turn your fogs on. it will throw alot of light up higher that your driving lights.our fogs suck.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I usually drive with my fogs off. I plan on installing a Bullit grille and soon enough, I won't have any fogs!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:42 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

I have been flashed a few times when I had my fogs on. When that happens I flash them with the high beams so that they feel stuip because they just realized that they were wrong
+10000000....

Happens to me about once every few weeks, and yeah, I try to be quick enough to flash them back. Then I laugh because...well....it's funny!

And the thing is, I see other S197s on the road running with all four lights on, and it's not that bright or odd. I don't know why people freak out over it.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:44 AM
dr350rider
1st Gear Member

It happens to me all the time when I drive with the fog lights on. I had my wife drive the car and follow me and they are definitely not bright at all. They are just round and on the same plane as the headlights so foolios make the incorrect assumption that they are high beams even when they aren't bothering their eyes.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FenderParrothead

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

+10000000....

Happens to me about once every few weeks, and yeah, I try to be quick enough to flash them back. Then I laugh because...well....it's funny!

And the thing is, I see other S197s on the road running with all four lights on, and it's not that bright or odd. I don't know why people freak out over it.

Because they count4 headlights (so they think) and this primal instinct to hurt other humans kicks in. I was flashed once in 1976 by that big boobed girl that used to run out onto MLB fields (nude) and rub up on the players before being arrested. I was at a Royals game and saw her just before she jumped the fence. She went out and "molested" George Brett. I'm not sure, but I think he popped wood. I get light flashed all the time. I am putting in yellow halogen fog bulbs to let folks know they are FOGS.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:53 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I've been flashed maybe five times since owning my Mustang. I always drive with fogs on, too. I agree, it's not really that bright but people just flip out about it. It's not going to stop me from running them though.

Quick Reply: Have You Ever Been Flashed?