Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
mandoq
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Corsa Axleback

I got my corsa for $550.00 on ebay about two weeks ago and I love them. Did u check ebay some guy was selling used corsa with only 200 miles for $489 I think somebody bought them already he had a buy it now option
Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

I would go with the Roush Off-road exhaust. They are made by Corsa, have 4 inch tips, Chrome, and keep your warranty. Not to mention Roush tweeks them a bit to sound throatier. I love my Roush Exhaust!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

how loud are they compared to other popular choices out there like the gtas and stingers?
Louder and deeper than the GTA's but quieter and not as deep as the stingers. The bonus is they don't drone like the stingers do though.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Never heard of those Roush ones before. Any more info? How do they compare to Corsa in price?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
geofcar

i'm sellin mine...pm me if interested...had them for about 5K miles
Old 01-25-2008, 04:07 AM
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Cool . You should be happy with them they are no doubt the most expensive axleback in the entire market. No drone being it's reputation. I personally like drone but I'm not of the norm.
I thought I was the only one on here who likes the drone.I guess I am used to my 03 GT vert with glasspacks.....
Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

A Roush Exhaust is about 687 bucks or so. Check out Roushperf.com You will need to buy the exhaust to fit your stock rear fascia. It sounds throatier then a Corsa, since the mufflers themselves have been slightly modded by Roush. Plus, they look awesome!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 PM
surveyor

Got the corsa's on Saturday and do we love them. Just what we were looking for. Loud on throttle but just purr at cruising speed with little or no drone. The tips make the back of the car look strong as hell. Was somewhat worried about having 4" tips being to largebut after getting them on no more worries. The inside bevel makes them look really good. As I mentioned in another thread I had my soninlaw put them on and he could not get the passenger side to hang quite right(lower than driver side)so the wife took the car up to recommended muffler shop and he fixed it in 15min by cutting a small piece off one of the hangers and welding another on. Seems as though you should not have to do that but its all good now.
Thanks for all the input!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Glad you like them!!

Alignment is a big problem with most all brands, not just Corsa. You can get them pretty well eventually but usually it ends up easier bending things.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
davisda1

I haven't purchased my mufflers yet but had decided on the Corsa.
After seeing the post about the Roush Off Road I am curious.
I went to the Roush web site and got a little confused.
I know Grabber said something about having to buy the Off Road for stock fascia which leads me to believe its the model number 401340. This doesn't come with any tips. It claims I can use my stock tips and it looks like the price is lower than what was stated.
I guess my question is, am I looking at the correct mufflers for my 06 GT?

Quick Reply: Corsa Axleback