Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked by a moron

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 AM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

Default Wrecked by a moron

Well... i knew it would eventually, one day happen....

Long story short, woman was turning left into a parking lot. Traffic in my direction had two lanes. The leftmost lane was backed up with traffic, and this woman in a Dodge Dakota was sitting in that lane, waiting for traffic in the right lane to clear - which was the lane I was travelling in. I was not speeding. It was 5:15PM - heavy traffic for people getting out of work. Just as I'm passing her, she decides to go - she was so close she was visible in my passenger window and windsheild, partially obscured by my A-pillar. Cut the wheel right, jam on the brakes, and basically hear her bumper ride down the drivers side of my car. she pushed me into the parking lot, between a tree and a HC placard into two (thankfully empty) HC spots.... the next thing I know I'm heading right towards a parked chevy impala... thankfully I was able to stop and avoid the impala. The after photo shows how close I came to that tree. I pass this place EVERY day.

I get out of the car, and she's standing there. I didn't know if she was just a passerby or the driver - so I ask her (somewhat angrily)

me: "are you the person that hit my car?"
her: "well you just came zooming up.... and how old are you?" (i'm 27, but i look very young)
me: "and how old are you?"
her: 40

at that point I walked away and called the cops. no witnesses stuck around. officer claims "insurance companies will find fault here" and the report will be available in a few days. you can clearly see that SHE hit ME

What should I expect here from my insurance? A new mirror for sure, but what about the sheet metal - its pretty twisted - should I expect new sheet metal? She wasn't going that fast (neither was i) and looking at it, I don't see a lot of "parts" damage - but I won't know til the mechanic looks at it.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:08 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wrecked by a moron

sorry to see it

was it her front bumper that hit you, or the rear

it sounds like the front? but i'm not sure

Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Holy mother of God....I can visualize the exact scenario you spelled out.......

Dude that just plain sucks...took the whole driver's side out......

Sorry man, but at least you were not injured......

Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Wow that bit ch tagged up the whole side of your car!
The car can be fixed thou, atleast noone got hurt.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

sorry man....good luck with everything.....that really blows.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

yeah it was her front bumper... she pretty much tagged the whole thing. barely a scratch on her dodge.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:25 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sad to see, but like others have said, it
can be fixed

sounds like she failed to yield

Old 01-26-2008, 11:40 AM
bigherm00
1st Gear Member

According to a defensive driving course I took a few months ago for a speeding ticket, she'll be at fault because she failed to yield to oncoming traffic. But as far as what to expect in repairs, it should be her insurance company paying for it, and I would have the dealer fix it with new parts. Don't let them just repair the damage, have it all replaced.

I just hope for your sake that they don't somehow find in her favor. If they do find in her favor, I hope your deductible isn't too high.

EDIT: If that bike in your avatar is yours, then y'all are both lucky you weren't on that thing. That would've been really, really bad.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i had pretty much the exact damn damage to my 05 stang, and some guy only hit me at 4mph in the parking lot. apparently the outside is made to crumble on these new cars for impact absorption purposes, atleast thats what i was told. They replaced both panels and my door plus repaint cost their insurance 3 grand. Sorry to see this happened to you, i know how you feel
Old 01-26-2008, 11:46 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

That makes me sick to see that....Its scary how bad some people are at driving. Luckily you kept a cool head and didn't beat her ***. It would have been hard for me. Hope it works out for you.

Quick Reply: Wrecked by a moron