Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth/Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default Meth/Water Injection

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here has this. How does it exactly work. Is it like nitrious and you have to push a button? Or is is always on? What if you driving your car and it runs out of liquid, will that mess something up? If I already have an intercooler is meth/water gonna help at all? Is it worth the money? Any of the questions that you can answer will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Meth/Water Injection

Meth/water simply boost octane. They also cool the temps down significantly. However, meth/water is corrosive to your engine, so long term use isn't its strong point.

As far as when its on, I couldn't tell you. I would assume its like a nitrous window switch, but only operates under boost conditions.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

[:'(]Ooooo I didn't know it was corrosive to your engine. That might be the nail in the coffin for me!!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I forgot to add that if you run out of the liquid, and you run under high boost, you can surely kiss your engine good bye.

To me, I would only get water/meth injection for a dedicated track car.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Methanol can be setup to read the MAF or the boost settings. My setup comes on at 4lbs of boost. It cools very well and is around 120 octane. This means you can run cooler and pull more timing

I have two LED lights, green and red. Green means everything is working ok and red means STOP!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
TerpsandStangs
1st Gear Member

I don't know the particular system you are looking at but I would recommend staying away from systems like that. The benefits do not out weigh the costs. I would like to see what they are claiming for improvements because we have looked into similar systems such as hydrogen injection and really a lot of the information needs to be taken with a grain of salt and a lot of individual research.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Ok this helps. Well i was just looking at the snow performance ones. I think that is the kit most people use around here. So Dex ur saying I can just have it come on at a certain boost level. Is your car a track car or DD?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

The only problem with meth injection is that if you run out of fluid and your car is tuned to run with the meth injection your engine will go boom...as long as you have some kind of light or singal to tell you that the fluid level is low, then it should be fine though...
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

If you are only looking to run some lower IAT's and make the car faster what about nitrous. It has great coolin effects and if you used like a 25 shot I think you could see some significant gains. Cant remember where I read about this but it has been done.

You can also have it purge onto your intercooler to lower the IAT's
Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Huh I didn't know that you could purge it onto the intercooler. So if I were to say do that, would I have to change any tuning to see the gains or would just the air being colder do it enough justice?

Quick Reply: Meth/Water Injection