Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T/C or no T/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Spiffu
2nd Gear Member

Default T/C or no T/C

I usually don't give it a second thought in every day driving but I'm just wondering do you guys usually drive with or with out the traction control on. I know it sounds like a stupid question from a distance, but I was wondering does it give you any kind of performance boost in a straight line. This being the engine management computer isn't reigning the power in as you hit the gas to prevent tire skip. I know the drive by wire throttle control issues where throttle response has always been an issue (unless you do the quick fix) so I'm wondering if turning the T/C off does anything for that.

I haven't done much experimenting yet as I love my car :P so I want to see what people have already done/doing so far.

I find it interesting on Top Gear when ever they do car timing for the power board they turn off every form of electronic aid when the Stig goes round the track.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:28 AM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: T/C or no T/C

Cause turning off all electronic aid shows what the car is capable of in the hands of a good driver without it babying you.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Nick62087
1st Gear Member

Iusually leave the t.c on foreveryday driving. When i want to play around, go fast, race, etc, i turn it off. When i shift hard into second with the t.c on i feel it lose power, when the t.c is off and i shift really hard it makes a nice chirp, sometimes spins a little bit.

I know for driving in the snow the t.c really helps. without it i jsut slid all over the place. btw, the stang only saw snow because my beater (94 t-bird SuperCoupe) needed a new trans. 'Bird is fixed now so the stang stayssafelyin the driveway in bad weather.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I dont have t/c so i never drivewith it
Old 02-09-2008, 08:58 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

In the winter and rain/snow I leave it on- cold roads= bad things. In the summer its usually the first thing I do after I start the car- OFF.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

I will occasionaly turn it off.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I turn it off when I get in the car. Occasionally I leave it on in the rain or snow, but I don't really need it in this car. It's nice to have just in case my wife is driving it and she gets stuck in the rain or something.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:43 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nick62087

Iusually leave the t.c on foreveryday driving. When i want to play around, go fast, race, etc, i turn it off. When i shift hard into second with the t.c on i feel it lose power, when the t.c is off and i shift really hard it makes a nice chirp, sometimes spins a little bit.

I know for driving in the snow the t.c really helps. without it i jsut slid all over the place. btw, the stang only saw snow because my beater (94 t-bird SuperCoupe) needed a new trans. 'Bird is fixed now so the stang stayssafelyin the driveway in bad weather.
Exactly....T/C really does work. I tested it out myself in a parking lotin 20degree weatherin wet conditions.
With the T/C ON I tried to flick the car sideways...Hardly anything. Once the car started losing traction the T/C
kicked in and ended my fun.

Then I turned T/C off and tried to flick it sideways again..WOW, damn near 360'd. It works big time in slippery
conditions.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:18 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

^^^so true
Old 02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

always on

Quick Reply: T/C or no T/C