Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Black/Dove

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Interior Black/Dove

I've heard that if you only wear denim jeans they will eventually stain the light colored seats. The dye wears out of the jeans and can stain the seats. I once saw this on a new Volkswagen with white interior seating at the auto show and after just a few days they were bluish!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

I have a black/dove interior and love it. I clean the inside once a week so I do not even know what it would look like dirty
Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I've heard that if you only wear denim jeans they will eventually stain the light colored seats. The dye wears out of the jeans and can stain the seats. I once saw this on a new Volkswagen with white interior seating at the auto show and after just a few days they were bluish!
I wear jeans almost every day and have the dove seat inserts, and they look just like the day I bought them

of course I clean them with lexol monthly, but thats besides the point

also, does anywone know if the Shelby gt500 seats are availible in black/dove, or are they only availible in the black or black/red
Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 AM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

i have had my black and dove for over a year now, i wear jeans 90% of the time and i am not have not really been very good about cleaning my seats but they still look like they did when i bought them

[IMG]local://upfiles/87649/556D8EAF18CB4BD18769B0A9CB2C98F7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

Looking good!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:23 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Here is mine right after i got it.
The first picture makes the seats look grey and not black, but you can see that black floor mats are hard to keep clean.
The black dash is also hard to keep clean. But for me sinceI don't smoke anymore andI don't eat in the car it is much easier then it used to be.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Jay_Tee
1st Gear Member

The silver one is the satin aluminum instrument panel correct???
IMO the black panel looks better. Is there any way you can get the black panel instead of aluminum because on fordvehicles.com you cannot...

P.S. can someone tell/show me what the Woven Charcoal Aluminum Instrument Panel with Ribbed Pattern is.

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

I got the dove doors and lower dash (looks great with the tungsten exterior!), but passed on the dove seat inserts because the dealer warned me that they'd get dirty much faster than black.
Don't know if he's right, but that's what he told me...

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/90FA65D3CEC94813B6D85B33F85058DB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2008, 01:20 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jay_Tee

The silver one is the satin aluminum instrument panel correct???
IMO the black panel looks better. Is there any way you can get the black panel instead of aluminum because on fordvehicles.com you cannot...

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

I got the dove doors and lower dash (looks great with the tungsten exterior!), but passed on the dove seat inserts because the dealer warned me that they'd get dirty much faster than black.
Don't know if he's right, but that's what he told me...

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/90FA65D3CEC94813B6D85B33F85058DB.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, I think the plain black panel (& black vents) look much better too with the contrasting dove gray lower dash & doors (and way more "retro" as well)- but it was a real bitch to order my car exactly the way I wanted (it was very confusing because the dealer and the factory rep were both telling me different things!).
Anyway, it turned out that the only way to get this precise look is to order it without the IUP, but rather with the "sport appearance package with color accents". The only "problem" with this setup is that then you'll only get the standard 4 gauge cluster without the memory center or my-color (which only comes from the factory as part of the IUP).
I finally solved this problem by ordering the 6 gauge cluster a week after my car was delivered and having it installed by the dealer (around $400).
All in all it probably cost me a few hundred $ more to get the trim exactly the way I wanted it- but I never regretted it for a second.
There are probably only a handfull of other Stangs ordered with this same look, which makes it pretty exclusive too (one of these days I'll ask the dealer if he can look up the production numbers to see exactly how many others there are both with this trim and spoiler delete).

Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Chace

ORIGINAL: frd06GT

+1 on the sexy interior. I didnt know you could get a two-tone interior!! Must be an 07+ thing, I don't remember that option for 06.
Not true! I have an '06 with the black/red two tone!

I hadnt seen the black/dove before, it looks really good!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Jay_Tee
1st Gear Member

Yes but if you get the IUP and Sport Appearance package it automatically puts the SATIN ALUMINUM PANEL ON. The only other choice is the Woven Charcoal Aluminum Instrument Panel with Ribbed Pattern. Is this somewhat black? DOes someone have a picture?

Quick Reply: Interior Black/Dove