Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You know whats kind of ridiculous?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: You know whats kind of ridiculous?

Yes I do....
Old 02-21-2008, 12:53 AM
BlackTwist
1st Gear Member

Man, your guys schools sound TERRIBLE. The only thing my campus police do is ticket people who are excessively speeding in the parking lot and on the adjacent streets(were talking like 50+ in a 25) If my school started ticketing students on there tint and sound of their car I would FLIP.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
baker 46
1st Gear Member

Ok ok!!!! ENOUGH COP BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to respond to all of your legal questions.

1. If your son is ina private school,the parking lot is private property and no citations can be issued. (aside from DUI Reckless and Veh. homicide)

2. No, cops are not jealous of him!!

3. Window tint depends on state laws. No they cannot cut the tint off!!! (I can't believe they acutally get away with it)

4. If you modify your car and it becomes a violation, DON'T BEEOTCH ABOUT GETTING CAUGHT!!!

5. Most times when getting said tickets (tint, loud exhaust, music) it's because someone called and complained about you and your buddies doingDUMB SHEOT!!!

6. Sometimes its that cops job to check the parking lot for such things because he is being punished for something else. (most of us me included hate it with a passion) Although sometimes the cop is just feels likebeing a *****, sorry we have bad days too.

7. Yes covering any part of the license plate even with a clear cover is a violation. In IL. its called IMPROPER DISPLAY OF REGISTRATION.

8. COPS DO HAVEBETTERTHINGS TO DO, LIKE PULLING OVER A CAR FULL OF TEENAGE KIDS TO CHECK FOR THINGS LIKEUNDERAGE DRINKING, DRUGS, GUNS, BURGLARY TOOLS OR THECAR STEREO SOMEONE JUSTSTOLE A FEW BLOCKS AWAY.opps thats what he did

9. Maybe the mayor wants to crack down on street racers after a fatal crash nearby, and that jerk cop was up all nightat the scene tryingtodo his job and not cry in public.

10. Nothe vast majority ofcops do not have acomplex,I was all state in football and track, andnever got shoved in a locker...

OK I'm done, but I will leave you with these6 things that could get you out of a ticket.

Pull over off of the roadway when possible, example parking lot,side street.

Roll your window down and turn off your stereobefore he gets there.

At night turn on your dome light before he gets there.

Keep your hands on the steering wheel at 11 and 1 until he asks you for something.

DON'T LIE!!! Even if the truth hurts you he knows way more then you think

Last and most important do not ask for a brakeand BE POLITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:55 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

^^

NAP-TIME!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 AM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

Just to clarify my son hasn't actually gotten a ticket himself, I was just sharing some tales of what's happened.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 AM
baker 46
1st Gear Member

Fair enough NELS I just wanted to point out that things aren't always what they seem.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:19 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

cops are always looking to give kids a hard time. Im suprised i havn't been pulled yet, for some of my hairbrained stuff in my stang.

150 at 2-3am on interstate, 360 in middle of road at 3am after getting mcdonalds (didn't really mean to do it, but it happened).
Old 02-21-2008, 01:22 AM
baker 46
1st Gear Member

I rest my case!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 02-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baker 46

Ok ok!!!! ENOUGH COP BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to respond to all of your legal questions.

1. If your son is ina private school,the parking lot is private property and no citations can be issued. (aside from DUI Reckless and Veh. homicide)

2. No, cops are not jealous of him!!

3. Window tint depends on state laws. No they cannot cut the tint off!!! (I can't believe they acutally get away with it)

4. If you modify your car and it becomes a violation, DON'T BEEOTCH ABOUT GETTING CAUGHT!!!

5. Most times when getting said tickets (tint, loud exhaust, music) it's because someone called and complained about you and your buddies doingDUMB SHEOT!!!

6. Sometimes its that cops job to check the parking lot for such things because he is being punished for something else. (most of us me included hate it with a passion) Although sometimes the cop is just feels likebeing a *****, sorry we have bad days too.

7. Yes covering any part of the license plate even with a clear cover is a violation. In IL. its called IMPROPER DISPLAY OF REGISTRATION.

8. COPS DO HAVEBETTERTHINGS TO DO, LIKE PULLING OVER A CAR FULL OF TEENAGE KIDS TO CHECK FOR THINGS LIKEUNDERAGE DRINKING, DRUGS, GUNS, BURGLARY TOOLS OR THECAR STEREO SOMEONE JUSTSTOLE A FEW BLOCKS AWAY.opps thats what he did

9. Maybe the mayor wants to crack down on street racers after a fatal crash nearby, and that jerk cop was up all nightat the scene tryingtodo his job and not cry in public.

10. Nothe vast majority ofcops do not have acomplex,I was all state in football and track, andnever got shoved in a locker...

OK I'm done, but I will leave you with these6 things that could get you out of a ticket.

Pull over off of the roadway when possible, example parking lot,side street.

Roll your window down and turn off your stereobefore he gets there.

At night turn on your dome light before he gets there.

Keep your hands on the steering wheel at 11 and 1 until he asks you for something.

DON'T LIE!!! Even if the truth hurts you he knows way more then you think

Last and most important do not ask for a brakeand BE POLITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Good Advice!!

Ihave a Criminal Justice Degree and can vouch for this advice!!

But please do some research in regards to your state regulationsas far as tint, exhaust, and modifications. Each State isdifferent and not all cops are out to get you. But knowing what you are allowed to (get away with) will definitely help you out.

Remember you don't have to say anything to incriminate yourself but sometimes it is better just to be honest.

Also the right to remain silent doesn't mean you don't have totella cop your name if he is asking. You have to tell him!! Youdon't have to say anything that will incriminate yourself. knowand understand the difference.

Also know and understand what Probable Cause is all about. Cops are able to use their discretion in most cases meaning they can decide to cite a violation or give you a break. It is not your decision but theres and theres alone. It is their right and it protects them and you.

Finally, I think that sucks your Son was cited at school! Just because it is current policy doesn't mean it is right or that it can't be changed.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:34 AM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

If they dont pick on kids then please tell me why I got a ticket for "unclear plates" because I had a license plate frame? And no, it was not one of those stupid tinted frames. It was one from the dealership!!

Cops around here break the law all the time. The day I got my Unclear Plates ticket I was driving down a 25mph zone with tons of kids in the area.....I was doing no more than 25 by the way. The cop passed me the other way and turned around about an 1/8th mile down the road. He then decided to drive about 60mph to catch up to me in a 25mph!!!!! Now let me ask you this, what kills more people....driving 35mph over the speed limit in a residential area OR having unclear plates??

And don't even get me started about the cop who was too lazy to stop at a 4way stop sign and killed two teenage girls in my area 6 months ago.

Quick Reply: You know whats kind of ridiculous?