Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blacked out Alloys?.. (Tinted heads/tails, black wheels, black out pannel, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Blacked out Alloys?.. (Tinted heads/tails, black wheels, black out pannel, etc)

wpsharpshooter - i will get you some day pics (they are old tho) after this post.. i too was iffy about the chrome on alloy, but it really brings out the lighter side of the color, which is perfect.. but completely blacked out alloys (wheels, lights, everything black..) looks amazing .. origionally planned on doing saleen replicas black.. but last minute changed my mind..

tungstenstang - lol thanks for the complement.. ... the wheels are chrome, i have had several ppl tell me they look like black chrome in the night shots tho.. would've done black chrome bullits if i could have found them staggard..

explict - the rears and rear side markers, are spray tinted with VHT night shades.. 3 coats of tint, 5 coats of clear.. shouldve wet sanded before and after the clear, but didnt want to take the time. and could have used prolly another coat or two of the VHT.. but it worked awesome.. and light shines through and reflects like its stock.. total cost was about $35.. compared to the covers which are like $80.. but the covers probably look better.. I dont know..

and an update, i just tinted my fog lights with cling tint i bought at walmart way back when i had my truck.. (was gunna do the tails) never did, so i decided to try the fogs.. took me seriously 5 mins.. grabbed my oil funnel, ended up being almost exactly the same as the foglight size, held it ontop of the tint on a table, used a nife, and just traced the circle, and used windex as the lubricant, and a cardboard as a squeegee.. worked perfect.. now i just gotta find out if its something i like or not.. i will get some pics for you guys

and deekum1627, thanks for the compliment buddy

Old 02-25-2008, 06:41 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Blacked out Alloys?.. (Tinted heads/tails, black wheels, black out pannel, etc)

the first few are in a parking garage with bright hallogen lighting.. so may look a little different.. but good none the less..

and here are soem old ones (pre color matched calipers, window scoops, smoke clear corners)

Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

and heres an option i was considering back when i was almost stock

Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Kipp07GT

Heres my Alloy with just a few blacked out details, not many but once ive got my money right im def. making mine look better than this. GTstang your car is absolutly beautiful, I love the DD bullitts. Id like to get mine with those and slam it. What size tires and rims are they?

Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

Thanks!

I got the sticker off ebay for like $20.

Pwny, LoG is my favorite band, so I figured I'd represent. lol

BFDM, after seeing your car, I can't wait to put my chrome wheels on. God that looks sexy!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

lol thanks for the compliments guys.. best ones ive gotten!.. the black fan blades look awesome man.. love that look.. if i was you, i would try and tint the heads fogs corners and tails.. that would look insane

my tinted fogs are starting to grow on me.. i think i like it

Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 PM
TJMJoe
2nd Gear Member

What are the dimetions of that sticker man?

Whoever wants to answer. I love the LoG and the Hurley one
Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Wizzle07GT

Heres a photochopped pic of the blackout panel:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...tangnew052.jpg
Old 02-26-2008, 04:36 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i duno the exact dimensions of mine, bought it from a local surf shop.. probably like 8 inches tall or something

and thanks for doing that chop.. i think it kina looks alright.. what do you all think?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:52 PM
black S197
3rd Gear Member

Tinted and panel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50298/7B3B2972A5C845F7B0AD2B264D4D7CF9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/50298/49BC4BE9BCEF49EBABFBBE288C9B1E96.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Blacked out Alloys?.. (Tinted heads/tails, black wheels, black out pannel, etc)