Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Pwr Windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:09 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

Default Auto Pwr Windows

I read some of the posts about the Auto Power Windows not working with the Anti Theft System. I can not seem to get mine to work and my brother picked up his and it does not work on his car either?

Is this a known problem?
Old 04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Auto Pwr Windows

you have to go to the dealer and have it enabled. i went to my friend and he did not even know about it. so we hooked up the comuter and it was under the door lock section then under global access. it was disabled all he did was enable it, it works cool took about 5 min to do. when you get there complain about it or they may try to charge you to turn it on.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Cruz97GT05

I have the Active Anit Theft also and tried this feature the first day I had the car. The windows did not roll down and i read in the manual that this is an option. Are you saying that I can jsut take the car to the dealer and they can turn it on right there?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:30 AM
gotmineNov04

I guess mine was enabled when I got it. One-touch and windows go down or up by themselves. One note, tho, they will go down using the remote when holding "unlock" for more than 3 seconds, but not programmed to go up with remote. They will, however, by using the key in the door to lock and holding it for three seconds.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:12 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yes go to the dealer and tell them they forgot to activate it. look at your interior lights on side towards seats the two little round things are motion sensors that also turn on so when your windows are down it will set off the horn if someone puts their hand in the window. if you have these. the fob, and the key in door should work
Old 04-04-2005, 01:46 AM
katonet

I have a v-6 2005 do all of them have the window thing or not , I have the 2 circles near my lights. but my windows do not go up or down.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:19 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gotmineNov04

I guess mine was enabled when I got it. One-touch and windows go down or up by themselves. One note, tho, they will go down using the remote when holding "unlock" for more than 3 seconds, but not programmed to go up with remote. They will, however, by using the key in the door to lock and holding it for three seconds.
Thats something I didn't know, thanks I'll have to try it in the AM. Hope it works.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Silent Bob
1st Gear Member

Does the passenger side window also have the one touch down feature as the driver does from inside?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:55 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

if you have the aat a $ 255 option (active anti theft) you should have it you just may have to have it enabled the info is also on your cd that came with the car
Old 04-04-2005, 09:52 AM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info. When I bring it in for the 1st oil change I will bring this up.

Quick Reply: Auto Pwr Windows