Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
flg2010
1st Gear Member

Default Bullitt

What do you guys think of the 2008 Bullitt, is $31,900 a good price (750 below MSRP)?

Will it go up in value or keep value betterif driven rarely (under 5k miles per year)?

Is this a worth while investment?

Old 03-05-2008, 07:42 AM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt

If you like it and can afford it.....buy it. I do not think you should look at it as an investment. It will not appreciate in value.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

no new car is a worthwhile investment.

i think it was cnn who had an article i read about special edition models of various cars and they all lost value (in percentage terms) faster then the regular models. they specifially included the first special edition bullitt mustang in that comparison...

that is to say, it lost value quicker then the regular mustang.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

I say BAHto sticker prices. If you like the car and can afford the MONTHLY PAYMENT, then buy it. Im 38 years old, have always purchased my vehicles this way, and have NEVER regretted it.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

I agree, I dont think It will appreciate either. (Too many versions of the S197's out there now.) But, if you are in a position to buy one and let it sit in your garage for 20 years, I say go for it. Who knows, in 20 years, there may or may not be a demand for them.

Relatively speaking, cars are not investments. They are expenses. Very rarely do they ever appreciate. The ones that seem to be appreciating right now are the 60's muscle cars.

The latest American built car that I can think of off the top of my head that has appreciatedis the 87 GNX (Ive seen really nice ones on Ebay for 80+ grand.)
Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

found it:

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt [/align]
Today's retained value: 37% [/align]Loss since new: $16,955 [/align]Standard GT coupe: 37% [/align]Loss since new: $15,080 [/align]In the case of the Ford Mustang Bullitt, this special edition held its value about as well as any other Mustang but no better. The higher original cost has meant a slightly higher financial loss over the years.
The Bullitt special edition had unique side scoops and wheels, special suspension, special badging, unique paint colors and other touches, according to "The Standard Catalog of Mustang," by Brad Bowling. [/align]

"The findings are the result of the latest Kelley Blue Book[/i] study, which looked at 14 different special edition vehicles produced since 2001. The study found that in all cases the special edition models lost more value than the standard models in both dollar and percentage terms. One of the worst offenders was Nissan’s 2005 35th Anniversary Edition 350Z, which only retained 65% of its original value compared to the standard car which retains 71%."

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...ons/index.html

and

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/i...rse-at-resale/
Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

You won't get it for $31K, every dealer I've seen and heard of has a markup of at least $8K on the Bullitt. If you can afford it, go for it! I think if you're looking for an investment and a car that will hold it's value more and depreciate less...go for the Shelby GT. Same price and better looking IMO.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

if you can afford it, go for it!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

If you like the car and can get it for your price go for it. I'm in agreement that I wouldn't buy it as an investment. Alot of cars that were so called investment cars when they came out aren't living up to that hype. That includes all brands not just Ford. I also think that this turmoil over oil prices and supply is going to hit these investment cars sooner or later. Only the very rich can afford and are setting these astronomical prices that are being spent on collector cars today not someone like you and me.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

You won't get it for $31K, every dealer I've seen and heard of has a markup of at least $8K on the Bullitt. If you can afford it, go for it! I think if you're looking for an investment and a car that will hold it's value more and depreciate less...go for the Shelby GT. Same price and better looking IMO.
8k markup?!? what? go to galpin ford. you might get it for maybe 20-100 over sticker. but that's better than the deals you guys have been seeing. wow. maybe that's cuz galpin has over 12 bullits.

Quick Reply: Bullitt