Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customs Broker.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default Customs Broker.

Ok so Steve Tously wants me to get a Customs broker. I have no idea what to do. What do I do?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
99flhr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Customs Broker.

ORIGINAL: explict

Ok so Steve Tously wants me to get a Customs broker. I have no idea what to do. What do I do?
Try typing "customs broker Canada" into Google, the second listing looks promising.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Ya. Then what?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 PM
99flhr
2nd Gear Member

Ya. Then what?
Actually I thought that you might read it.

Try this instead www.cscb.ca claims to provide a list of brokers
maybe you could contact one
Old 03-14-2008, 08:25 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

I went to that site. What am I supposed to ask them? I want to import something? That is the most vague question you can ask a customs broker, kind of like the vague answer you gave me. I know how to Google things. Why dont you keep your time and not answer my questions with attitude. I am looking for spicific help, not common sense answers. Haver you ever imported anything before? if not, dont answer, if you have then maybe you can give me more specific instructions.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:28 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

I went to that site. What am I supposed to ask them? I want to import something? That is the most vague question you can ask a customs broker, kind of like the vague answer you gave me. I know how to Google things. Why dont you keep your time and not answer my questions with attitude. I am looking for spicific help, not common sense answers. Haver you ever imported anything before? if not, dont answer, if you have then maybe you can give me more specific instructions.
OK so I'm new to whatever is going on but I have family in government and in law... Whats the issue? What are you trying to import? A car?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Steve Tously wants to send me a whipple HO Kit.
This is what he told me:
"As for the brokerage, I'm not 100% sure whats involved as I've never had to do it myself. It's something to do with customs and taxes/duties.

If you check around I'm sure someone can explain it better than I can, I only know about it from guys up there getting large parts shipped up there."

So I decided to ask around!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 PM
99flhr
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I did use a broker once (20 years ago) and fortunately he was able to answer my vague questions with specific answers. I`m really not trying to give you "attitude", it`s one of those deals whereit might be best to ask the expert. Like a Dr, lawyer, or tax man. I guess I misunderstood your question "what do I do" I assumed you had no idea where to start
So I apologize for my vague answer to your very "specific" question
Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

Honestly the best way you can deal with it is to have him send it and let it get caught in customs (if it does)... If it's being sent person to person it probably won't even be looked at... I've made international ebay sales and never had a problem... Worst case if you ask me is that you'll get a phone call saying it was held up and you need to pay some amount... If it's sent by UPS or FEDEX from a residential to a residential, I seriously doubt it will even be questioned... I've sent things to friends in Canada a bunch of times without a question... You're looking too far into something...
Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

+1
But this s/c ships from whipple so he needs a broker. I've lived overseas and when a product ships from a business sometimes tariffs are involved so a broker is needed.

ORIGINAL: ajaibr

Honestly the best way you can deal with it is to have him send it and let it get caught in customs (if it does)... If it's being sent person to person it probably won't even be looked at... I've made international ebay sales and never had a problem... Worst case if you ask me is that you'll get a phone call saying it was held up and you need to pay some amount... If it's sent by UPS or FEDEX from a residential to a residential, I seriously doubt it will even be questioned... I've sent things to friends in Canada a bunch of times without a question... You're looking too far into something...

Quick Reply: Customs Broker.