Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HP Turbo Kit

Dex, oh so many questions!

Which turbo is that, the standard 60mm journal bearing? or a bigger one.

Which A/R did you got?

The BOV is atmospheric right? (given is blow thru, the pressurized air in the charge pipes has not been measured by MAF)

I was thinking on routing the wastegate discharge to the exhaust, looks pretty easy, what do you think about that?

What oil do you expect to use, stay the same, change?

Have not you thought on a oil separator, that hose between the cover and the turbo intake may suck too many oil, thinking on sticking an oil separator there.

I have my half kit sitting here, waiting on the piping. Mine is 67BB

AHHH Can't wait!

BTW, I've orderd mine in october, was in Miami by the end of january (first half) and by the end of february the rest, this wait would not made me go to an S/C never or even an Hellion kit (those pipes are dangerously low)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I don't care if their kit makes you fly to the moon...I would never support a business run as poorly as theirs...period...My gains with the supercharger will net me over 500rwhp once its all said and done and I will only be running 10.5lbs...I know the turbo kitsare more responsive and have a nicer torque curve...but I met my goals and supported a company that WANTS my business...making me wait 7 weeks and blowing me off when I call is not going to get me to buy your products...
Old 03-18-2008, 10:04 AM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

I ordered a turbonetics turbo kit for mine last month and found out that a few things were different from the 05-06 and the 07-08 and it wouldnt be ready til april so I went with the supercharger. I'm a bit jealous and cant wait to hear it!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

I don't care if their kit makes you fly to the moon...I would never support a business run as poorly as theirs...period...My gains with the supercharger will net me over 500rwhp once its all said and done and I will only be running 10.5lbs...I know the turbo kitsare more responsive and have a nicer torque curve...but I met my goals and supported a company that WANTS my business...making me wait 7 weeks and blowing me off when I call is not going to get me to buy your products...
Great, vote with your wallet, I totally understand and support that. Turbo kits are not more responsive, actually they are less, no matter what you do, there is lag, turbos will give you more end power and take less power to build it, SC are more responsive. I went turbo because I could handle the power with the press of a button, so save my ride of useless torture. I have seen some HP kits, saw some Hellion, chose HP because of piping location, blow thru system and the coating is really good. I knew I had to wait long for it and Nathan could be very nice at the phone but sometimes don't do what he told you. At the end I see them as a company that make a quality product but are totally overbooked.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

How was the customer service?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

If you could actually get them on the phone they would talk to you, but they always gave me excuses about this or that...in the end I got tired of the BS...I am extremely happy with my D1SC...ordered from superchargers 4 less and got the kit in like 4 days from ordering everything...now to me...that's impressive...and I didn't vote with my wallet...the HP kit was under $4400 shipped so it was the cheaper option, I just got tired of them telling me something and not doing it...My procharger was about $500 or so more when it was all said and done, but now I have a true sounding exhaust, more N/A sounding if you like and I gained what I wanted to gain performance wise...
Old 03-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

I actually got it from a guy who put it on his wifes car. They tuned it and she said it had too much power so he took it off and sold it.

I did have the STS kit and the reason I switched was because you were limited to the turbo size because of where it was placed. Also if you were to fab something together and fit a 67 or 76 in the back you would have to worry about the charge pipes being too small.

I plan on using 5-30w oil every 3,000 miles.

Its just a journal bearing T60.

Customer service has always been great for me with the tech questions.

Didnt have a problem with the MAF stuff. Going to get it tuned for 18lbs of boost this weekend in Vegas so i'll see if any problems come up then.

BOV does blow into the atmosphere. Their draw through didnt but everyone likes the BOV sound so they changed it.

Should be easy enough to fab the wastegate back into the exhaust.

Positive pressure comes faster than I expected. Not sure when its fully spooled because i havent jumped on it quite yet.

This answer all of them? I tried
Old 03-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

I actually got it from a guy who put it on his wifes car. They tuned it and she said it had too much power so he took it off and sold it.

I did have the STS kit and the reason I switched was because you were limited to the turbo size because of where it was placed. Also if you were to fab something together and fit a 67 or 76 in the back you would have to worry about the charge pipes being too small.

I plan on using 5-30w oil every 3,000 miles.

Its just a journal bearing T60.

Customer service has always been great for me with the tech questions.

Didnt have a problem with the MAF stuff. Going to get it tuned for 18lbs of boost this weekend in Vegas so i'll see if any problems come up then.

BOV does blow into the atmosphere. Their draw through didnt but everyone likes the BOV sound so they changed it.

Should be easy enough to fab the wastegate back into the exhaust.

Positive pressure comes faster than I expected. Not sure when its fully spooled because i havent jumped on it quite yet.

This answer all of them? I tried
Nice, thanks but you missed an important one, don't you think a breather or some oil separator should be done with that hose tha comes from the valve coer into the turbo inlet?

I say it because it can start illing the intercooler with oil deposits. Or am I wrong?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Wow Dude, that turbo is close to so many Rubber hoses, pulleys, plastics etc. That Red Hot turbo is going to melt that stuffall to hell surely...
Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Two of my friends have the Hellion kits and they have a great build quality and their customer service was great. We actually needed to call them during the installation and they helped answer all the questions. They put out tons of power and have an awesome sound to them!

The only downside that I can think of has already been metioned here... the turbo pipes hang super low and cause some ground clearance issues. One of the GTs is lowered with the Eibach kit and the pipes scrape over speed bumps and actually even scraped pulling into my garage.

Quick Reply: HP Turbo Kit