Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progress on my car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:06 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default Progress on my car...

Well, as some of you probably know, I ordered a considerable amount of stuff from HCM's Cervini's group buy, and I've also added a bunch of other stuff along the way as well.

Here is the progress thus far, for those of you interested in checking it out. I welcome all feedback, so long as the criticising feedback is constructive.. Feel free to comment on the pics on the hosting site as well (it's mine (LOL)).

I will also be taking questions.

Enjoy!

http://mustang.dnsalias.com/pics/lis...r+03%2D21%2D08
Old 03-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Progress on my car...

Those wheels are sweet. Are those Toxic?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

They are. 20x9 up front and 20x10 out back, gunmetal. Rubber is Nitto 555.

I'm already not happy with my choice of size of rubber.. I got 255/35/20 up front (fine), and 285/30/20 out back.The back isabout .3" shorter than stock.. And being that I can't lower it with the side exit exhaust (and still drive it comfortably), I should have gotten the 305/35/20 DR's.. Those are about 1.5" taller than stock, so it would have filled the wheel-well a lot better.

Next off-season I'm putting an air-ride kit in it so I can set it down for shows (not ALL the way down, but enough to make it look like it's lowered (but never driveable that low because of the exhaust))..

The speedster covers arrived today, but there was a delivery problem, so the shop owner had to drive down to UPS and pick them up. They'll pe prepped and shot tomorrow, and those will be striped as well.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Coming along well I have the same issues as you and still trying to decide what tire to use in the rear! I have 285/30/20's as well! J
Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

But you have the whole Cervini's kit, right? Like as in installed by them? Which means you should have lowering springs in there, too, which would close up the wheelwell at least a little bit.. Or did you just do the body kit? Are you stock ride height? I'm rambling.. LOL
Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

looks like you've been busy, exx. looks good. but 1 question, what is that balistic sky thing, is that under hood? cant wait for the finished look. and my tires are too small too, i think its one of those mods that sometimes are not right at first so must retry, just the name of the game. but everything is shaping up real well for ya.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looking good, can't wait to see
it when it's finished
Old 03-21-2008, 10:44 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I put comments on the bottom of every pic, but I guess they aren't visible in some browsers, or depending on your resolution you might have to scroll down (I'm at 1600x1200)..

The "Ballistic Sky" thing was just a graphic that was in the shop that I grabbed a few shots of. It's the name of one of the owner's cars (Mark Abate, he's been in several mags, wins at NOPI and SEMA).. It's a 200...4? 5? I forget.. Saturn Sky. It's Turbocharged, bagged, sits on 20's has custom EVERYTHING.. The exhaust dumps out from holes cut in the passenger-side fender (literally, in the middle of the fender, behind the wheelwell).. The coolest part, though, is that he made a hard-top for it! Saturn NEVER offered one for that car, they were ragtops only. But he custom fabbed one up, and it looks AWESOME. I'll have a bunch of shots of that car, my car, 40 other mustangs, a Lamborghini Murcielago, an Aston Martin DB9, and a Bentley GT (among lots of others that I don't know about yet) from the big show next weekend.

I also have ordered a couple more parts, from SilverHorseRacing.com. The black anodized rear medallion, GT emblazoned, and also a fuel filler door, again, black anodized, GT. And the front lower grille inserts.

The shop is relocating my horns, and painting the radiator flat black for me so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb through the grille, and I also have clear front corners with black housings that are going in there. And a custom stereo enclosure, everything will be HIDDEN. It'll just look like "That's where the factory trunk stops....?"

I can't wait. It should be finished (with the exception of the filler door) by Monday or Tuesday. The whole thing is getting flat black stripes, too. w00t!!!

Onederful - what size rims/rubber do you have? Are you lowered? How's the wheelwell gap??
Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

my wheels are 20x9 all around. and the tires are 255/35 20 all around. the gap in front is ok, the back is like 1 or 1.5 inches too much. and the tires are too skinny too i curbed the passenger front and the driver rear, the rear curbage is 1 inch long, really not bad at all but i know its there. if i had wider tires i would have just hit the tires, no problem, but the rims stick out a little wider than the tires so if i do hit something, it'll be the rims first. i should have gone w/ 275/45 20 all around. but i will drop the car next, and in the future will go w/ 8 in front and 10's in back, i'm looking at the black chrome fr500's now. but after the SC install i am out of money for the moment, so i'll perfect what i have now and a few months down the road i will start modding again.
but you are building the suspense on your car, cant wait to see the finished look!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Building the suspense.. LOL Thanks!

What I'm really doing is building myself a money pit.. Jeez.. Blower two months ago, wheels and tires two days later (and yes, they JUST came in - that was a nightmare all by itself), then the whole ordeal with the delay with Cervini's shipping stuff, then it turns out the damn speedster covers werent even RELEASED YET (and they didn't say that anywhere on their site!!), so I had to wait for those to ship till this past Wednesday, and then every time I turn around, there's some other stupid thing I find that I should put on the car or replace something else..

All this time/money, and I haven't even gotten to ANY of the suspension pieces yet.. Still stock LCAs, UCA, PHB, etc etc... *sigh*.. There's goes another $1k.. LOL

Quick Reply: Progress on my car...