Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLT/Xcal installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:03 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

Default JLT/Xcal installed

Finally. I put the JLT/Xcal2 93 tune from Breenspeed put in yesterday. I did not get sent the MAF screws....and the stock ones did not fit...so after redrilling the holes to make the stock ones fit I was on the road. First reaction.....even just tapping the gas the car seems to just want to take off. Second reaction. I got to stop sign....and floored it. The difference in the exceleration is amazing. The car just took off. Gotta love the sound also. I took a buddy out who owns a 04 GT and now he plans on getting an intake/tune through Breenspeed. I will have to save up some extra $$$ for the gas I am going to burn through....either way....well worth it
Old 03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
07torchgt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: JLT/Xcal installed

my stock ones fit fine i just used them....but congrats on the install
Old 03-22-2008, 02:28 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i had the same combo and
loved it!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:31 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Congrats, and enjoy.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:50 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Even though you're using a higher octane of gas, your tune should improve MPG so it all evens out financially.[8D]
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Bretstang06
1st Gear Member

The MPG all depends on the angle of your right foot. I have that combo in my GT along with MAC axle backs and it is truely awesome. The throttle response is very much improved and the sound combo is music to my ears. Enjoy it, you made a great choice.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:38 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i had the same combo and
loved it!

Had?....got rid of it?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bretstang06

The MPG all depends on the angle of your right foot. I have that combo in my GT along with MAC axle backs and it is truely awesome. The throttle response is very much improved and the sound combo is music to my ears. Enjoy it, you made a great choice.

I will have to agree on the whole MPG issue. I was beating on it pretty bad this weekend. Every chance I had I was going WOT . My numbers dipped to about 15.2.....but it is well worth it. During the week I cant beat it up as much because there is a lot of traffic [:@]
Old 03-23-2008, 08:42 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

Finally. I put the JLT/Xcal2 93 tune from Breenspeed put in yesterday. I did not get sent the MAF screws....and the stock ones did not fit...so after redrilling the holes to make the stock ones fit I was on the road. First reaction.....even just tapping the gas the car seems to just want to take off. Second reaction. I got to stop sign....and floored it. The difference in the exceleration is amazing. The car just took off. Gotta love the sound also. I took a buddy out who owns a 04 GT and now he plans on getting an intake/tune through Breenspeed. I will have to save up some extra $$$ for the gas I am going to burn through....either way....well worth it

he will prob be disappointed. intake and tuner combo on a s197 to a new edge is a whole new animal.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

ORIGINAL: matt07GT

he will prob be disappointed. intake and tuner combo on a s197 to a new edge is a whole new animal.
Thats what I told him......but he thinks that since it did so much for my car....that it will make his that much better. Oh well...not my money

Quick Reply: JLT/Xcal installed