Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on car progress...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default Update on car progress...

EDIT: For those of you who don't want to read about my Cervini's horror story, the link to the pics is here:

http://mustang.dnsalias.com/pics/listpics.asp?dir=2008%5CSpy+photos+of+jeffs+car+03 %2D24%2D08

Ok.. So I get out to the body shop, and there's the speedster covers.. There was an issue with delivery before (stupid UPS), so Mark had to go pick them up. So now, I'm looking everything over, and I'm like "Wait a second, that doesn't look like the pic.." [:@]

So I go through everything, and sure enough CERVINI'S ****ED UP!!!!! [:@]Why am I surprised about this?? These damn speedster covers have been a nightmare since day one! They didn't include the third piece for them, the piece that snaps to both sides in the front, it kind of dips down between the front seats. In the pic on their site, it's the piece with "Cervini's" logo'd onto it.

So I call them up, by not it's like 5:30 EST. Dude's like "Well, I'll have to talk to the shipping department and see if they have an extra one they can send you" I'm all "Extra MY ***!! [:@] You go take one out of another kit, and you ship it to THIS ADDRESS, and you overnight it, first thing tomorrow! If it's not here by Wednesday, then we're going to contest the credit card charges for the whole purchase!" "Give me your name and phone number, and I'll have to call you back tomorrow after I talk to the shipping department" [:@][:@][:@]

Anyway, here's a bunch of pics I shot today. There's a bunch of pics in here of the Sky I told you all about, too, so you can stop asking me where on my car that logo is going. LOL

Enjoy, and as always, I welcome any feedback.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Update on car progres...

Well, at least you're understanding about the whole matter.............
Old 03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Understanding.. I was understanding when I plaed the order the second week of FEBRUARY.. I was understanding when I didn't have the parts by the end of February.. I was understanding when I didn't have the parts by the first week of March when the car went into the body shop. I was understanding when the body shop guy said "Don't worry about it, we'll still get it done" and it was the second week of March. Now here we are, into the LAST WEEK OF MARCH, the show is in 3 days, and they shop me a kit that is MISSING PARTS?!?!?!?!

Understanding my ***. If I didn't have so much of their **** on my car already I would have personally driven to New Jersey and crammed these speedster covers up their ***.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 AM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

I have to say one thing about this. Why do people get SO upset. EVERYONE makes mistakes....its not abnormal. I completely 100% understand being frustrated, thats understandable. But why is it that people get so rediculously upset? I work over at Currie, and yes, there have been a few shipping errors. When customers call me all fired up DEMANDING things, that doesnt help matters at all. If you call them, reason with them, they are much more willing to help out. Sorry for that rant, but you should try to breathe a little bit and call them back and be much more rational. I GUARANTEE you things will go a LOT smoother.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:08 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Yes, it's difficult to have to wait for something to come in when you all excited about getting the car done......and to have the wrong thing sent isn't any good......

But acting like a jackass isn't either.

I recall waiting quite a while for my things from Cervini's also. Took my body shop man longer than what he quoted me it would. Patience, Dude, patience. Your car will look awesome when it's all pulled together..........
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xROBxCOREx
I have to say one thing about this. Why do people get SO upset. EVERYONE makes mistakes....its not abnormal. I completely 100% understand being frustrated, thats understandable. But why is it that people get so rediculously upset? I work over at Currie, and yes, there have been a few shipping errors. When customers call me all fired up DEMANDING things, that doesnt help matters at all. If you call them, reason with them, they are much more willing to help out. Sorry for that rant, but you should try to breathe a little bit and call them back and be much more rational. I GUARANTEE you things will go a LOT smoother.
Thank you for your helpful insight, but you obviously haven't been paying attention.... I ordered a BUNCH of parts in early February. Cervini's shipped it piecemeal. First I got the convertible bar and the side scoops. Then I got the exhaust. Then they told me there was a 2 week delay on the tonneau covers, which meant they were going to ship last Wednesday. Cervini's was WELL aware of the ISCA-sanctioned event my car is going to be in, THIS COMING FRIDAY.

There is no room for errors. I have given them PLENTY of slack with not shipping my parts when they were ordered. This has gone well beyond me being "upset" and gone off into the land of absurd.

Also, it is quite obvious to me that you've never dealt with Cervini's. Go ask Moosestang about his dealings with Cervini's. They were so difficult with him that he refused to even order from them.

Now that we have that out of the way, what do you think on the progress of the car?? It should be *almost* completed tomorrow..
Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Yes, it's difficult to have to wait for something to come in when you all excited about getting the car done......and to have the wrong thing sent isn't any good......

But acting like a jackass isn't either.

I recall waiting quite a while for my things from Cervini's also. Took my body shop man longer than what he quoted me it would. Patience, Dude, patience. Your car will look awesome when it's all pulled together..........
This has NOTHING to do with me being excited about the car being done, it has EVERYTHING to do with the car being finished and complete for an ISCA-sanctioned show this upcoming weekend. After the show? It's back to the garage for at least another few weeks until the weather clears. If there was no show this weekend, I couldn't possibly give less of a ****.

Cervini's KNEW THIS at the beginning of March. They knew the dates. "No problem, we'll make sure the parts are there". The order was placed in the beginning of FEBRUARY, which should have been plenty of time. And for most of the parts, it was. This has nothing to do with how long my body guy needs the car for, I don't care. He needs it as long as he needs it, he does great work. He's had winning cars at SEMA for the last 3 years running. He's had it since March 4th, for the record. It's not like I can drive it anyway, there's still snow on the ground.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

**** you Cervini. Always messing up someone's order. Parts may be decent, but you can't ever get the good parts and way overpriced. What great customer service. probably just take and process all the orders and if the customer's lucky only one or two parts will be messed up. Gotta hit you up for more money. Good luck exx, stay on those idiots. Let the people at the show know how your transaction went.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

LOL!! Sounds like you've had some dealings with them..

For the record, I WILL give them this: WHEN the parts finally arrive, they all fit just like they were made by Ford.. VERY little prep required, etc etc (the urethane ones, anyway - I haven't ordered any fiberglass from them). But, the problem is GETTING THE DAMN PARTS. You sound like your experience went quite a bit worse than mine.

My best advice to anyone? If you want Cervini's parts, order them from someone who RESELLS Cervini's parts, and give yourself at LEAST two months' time to get the parts. Ordering from a reseller will at least transfer the difficulties to them, so you don't have to deal directly with this bunch of morons...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Bump so the daytime guys see it.. LOL

Update: I just called Cervini's, and apparently either Jay was feelign like being a nice guy, or I put the fear of god into him.. Either way, that missing part should be arriving today at my bodyshop. *whew*

LOL