Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine bay cleanup.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Engine bay cleanup.....

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

thx for the kudos everyone....the cam covers make a HUGE difference....thanks again to Bruce (aka boozshey) I truly appreciate it.....even after the little scare we had while installing them, but you never panic'ed ....you just calmly grabbed the needle nose and took care of the issue....awesome work......thx again...TJ
Looks great TJ - a noticeable improvement. Hey what ever happened with the torque converter install? You ever call Dave Pearcy?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Looks great TJ!

did you go with powdercoat or paint on the cam covers?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MTAS

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

thx for the kudos everyone....the cam covers make a HUGE difference....thanks again to Bruce (aka boozshey) I truly appreciate it.....even after the little scare we had while installing them, but you never panic'ed ....you just calmly grabbed the needle nose and took care of the issue....awesome work......thx again...TJ
Looks great TJ - a noticeable improvement. Hey what ever happened with the torque converter install? You ever call Dave Pearcy?
no I decided to stay with my stock converter...after deliberation I just felt it was better for now...someday i might change it out but not now...thanks for the info..I will probably still call him in the future....TJ
Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joolander

Looks great TJ!

did you go with powdercoat or paint on the cam covers?
thx, No I bought the painted covers from a member here...he not only paints them...he installs them...boozshey does great work....
Old 03-27-2008, 10:39 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

That looks great !
My engine bay is next for me but I'm not looking forward to it, especially swapping out the valve covers. A nice clean bay like yours, with the Blue covers and braided hosing is perfect.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:50 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

That looks great !
My engine bay is next for me but I'm not looking forward to it, especially swapping out the valve covers. A nice clean bay like yours, with the Blue covers and braided hosing is perfect.
thanks....
boozshey did all the work.(LOL) (Thx again) .he brought the painted covers and he swapped them out..but it wasn't too bad....I think we started at 345ish and were done by 530...with oneissue with a weak cam cover stud that broke in the block, that he took the time to correct...and mind you this was basically all him....I stood there and held a wire for him....it looks night and day different. to me its a worthwhile mod...it compliments the supercharger well and when I go to show off the engine bay and the ultimate underhood dressup (supercharger) its worth the look.....I will say that the saleen is what delayed the swap a little bit...wiring and intercooler resovoir had to work around it a little bit...thx again....good luck with yours