Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBA system...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default JBA system...

I just got done ordering the entire JBA system from my performance shop. I got the stainless long tube headers, off-road h-pipe (no cats), and the evolution exhaust. I know the guy at the shop so he gave me his prices from JBA. He is going to program my SCT to shut off all sensors so i will still pass inspection. Instead of the inspection machine reading PASS, it will read N/A but the overall result will still be a PASS.

He also has a budy with a dyno machine who is gonna give me all the pulls i need to get my car perfectly tuned for $50.

Headers - $797
H-pipe - $175
Exhaust - $315
Installation for everything - $390

Hmm...this has potential for a mastercard commercial

Old 04-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Loomis
1st Gear Member

Default RE: JBA system...

Let the guys know when you get your program that you are running without "cats" if you dont your engine light will come on, because it will trip the O2 sensor and will cause it loop. Will run just fine but you light will be on. Just a tip.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

yeah, the guy that is putting all my stuff on is also an authorized SCT dealer so he is gonna re-write my new program for all my new stuff and also to turn off the sensors
Old 04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

thought you said he was a buddy he over charged you for the h pipe and maby even the headers too if you got the standard long tube's instead of the ceramic coated ones. if you got the coated ones for that price it is a real good deal if not he cahrged you alot for for the cat back, h pipe and the header pipes. $390 also seems like alot for installation but if he lets you come back in the future to use the dyno for free then i think the whole deal would be worth it.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:02 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

I just got done ordering the entire JBA system from my performance shop. I got the stainless long tube headers, off-road h-pipe (no cats), and the evolution exhaust. I know the guy at the shop so he gave me his prices from JBA. He is going to program my SCT to shut off all sensors so i will still pass inspection. Instead of the inspection machine reading PASS, it will read N/A but the overall result will still be a PASS.

He also has a budy with a dyno machine who is gonna give me all the pulls i need to get my car perfectly tuned for $50.

Headers - $797
H-pipe - $175
Exhaust - $315
Installation for everything - $390

Hmm...this has potential for a mastercard commercial
Here is an excerpt from an e-mail I got directly from JBA Racing... they will be doing my install at their shop in San Diego:

JBA Headers has an excellent shorty-style (smog-legal) header for the 05 Mustang that is available with ceramic coating in either a silver or titanium finish. Combine that with the JBA Evol Axle-Back Exhaust System and you'll be good to go. The coated headers go for $797.30 with $540 for installation; the axle-back system is $311.50 plus $135 for installation.

But, then again, JBA isn't known for being the low-bidder type of operation. The do excellent work and have a very good reputation.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:23 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i'm not getting the shorties though, i got the long tube headers...they go for somewhere around 1200 on JBA's website...the 390 is for install for everything and also all the time it is gonna take him to tune my car on the dyno. i know for a fact that install on the headers calls for 6 hours by itself. i know the exhaust is about normal price but he is saving me about 400 for the headers and about 50-75 on the h-pipe. plus, the fact that i actuallly trust him to work on my car is worth the price to me in itself...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 PM
chris_l_usa
1st Gear Member

I just purchased JBA long tube headers and H pipe. What, if any problems have people ran into while installing these parts. Also does anyone have any good dyno numbers before and after installation.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

You can get the JBA LT's on ebay for $600, they use 409SS on thier headers. I emailed ARH on the subject of ceramic coating and underhood temps, they replied since they use the 304SS the ceramic coating is not needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JBA-05-06-07-Mustang-4-6-V8-Stainless-Long-Tube-Headers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ012QQ itemZ220149290826QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

how much will a JBA o/r x pipe cost?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

After they do the install, I bet they tell you "If I had to do it again, I'd charge more for this job".......Headers are a PITA to istall on these babies, but worth it in the long run.

Quick Reply: JBA system...