Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buybacks?????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:43 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Buybacks?????????

Anyone have any information concerning factory buybacks. I won't get into detail but I've just about had it with this car. Please let me know if any of you have ever done this or know how to do it or the conditions which have to exist for them to consider it. Help Please.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Buybacks?????????

please get into it what happened. just so me and other 05 owners know wat to look for. or can find some thing before it happends.
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

You mean Lemon law? Its a long process and you need repeated failures on the same item (same complaint/same failed part etc).. I saw it happen 2 times in the 4 years I worked for Lincoln/Mercury and each time we hade multiple shots at fixing the thing...

Best thing is to start trying to work directly with the Ford Rep
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

What has you so frustrated? Any specific thing? Just curious.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Brain
1st Gear Member

Wish I could help, I don't know anything about factory buybacks, but.........it might help the rest of us (especially those of us who haven't bought one yet) to at least know what we're getting into if you'd post why you've "just about had it with this car" (should I cancel my order!?!) . Heck, even if you don't post it, good luck with the buyback stuff.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:59 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Other than the gas tank and radio issues I have not experienced any problems. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Anyone have any information concerning factory buybacks. I won't get into detail but I've just about had it with this car. Please let me know if any of you have ever done this or know how to do it or the conditions which have to exist for them to consider it. Help Please.
Sorry to hear that, please enlighten us.

But, considering the market for GTs, you might be able to sell it on e-Bay for a profit. Seriously.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:34 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PullMeOverRed05

You mean Lemon law? Its a long process and you need repeated failures on the same item (same complaint/same failed part etc).. I saw it happen 2 times in the 4 years I worked for Lincoln/Mercury and each time we hade multiple shots at fixing the thing...

Best thing is to start trying to work directly with the Ford Rep
That is one possible stipulation. I had a problem with a car of mine a couple years ago and found out (by way of the michigan lemon law website) that another possibility is if your car is at the service shop for at least 30 days in the first 18 months that you own it.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:04 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Ok, 1st- loud grinding/meshing metal noise from rear end (went away and couldn't duplicate)
2nd- clunky drive train (I know it's normal but damn)
3rd- missing bolts (dealer fixed this)
4th-repaced shaker 3x (still no backlighting)
5th- climate control system blows out of defroster when set on floor only
6th- Oil leak from crank position bolt (replaced bolt and added gasket...hmmm)
7th- pealing paint from left rear quarter (too scared to have body shop paint whole bumper)
8th- now they say I need my lifters (I know their not called lifters on the mod v8)replaced to take care of loud ticking noise, something about a valve thats not opening??????
9th- slow fill up problem 2x (dealer said they have to duplicate it)

This on a car that has 1400 mi on it today.

I've had my predator and c&l intake for two weeks now and can't put it on because the car is in the shop all the time. Some of you may have had more problems/some of you less, but right now I want my money back or my car replaced. I know thats wishful thinking but I wanted the info on buybacks anyway. Hey, you never know.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Hey everyone,
Got my car back yesterday and the parts for the engine are still on order, but they fixed the radio right this time and re-detailed the front fender which looks pretty good now. After my original post I was pretty hot, so I went to the dealer and had a talk with the service manager who was sympathetic to my situation. No, he didn't go for the buyback thing, but I said I would at least need an extended warranty. He called me back two days ago and said Ford agreed to a free seven year 70K mi warranty. I am very pleased with that and I am certainly more comfortable with the vehicle now. I will also let everyone know the technical stuff on the "lifter" problem after I get the work done so you all can watch out for the same thing. I've heard a lot of people say their car makes the loud intermitent ticking noise so hopefully it will help.

Quick Reply: Buybacks?????????