Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowes Fuel?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Lowes Fuel?

Hey guys,

We just recently got a Lowe's Fuel place outside of our Lowe's Foods and I can get gas really cheap there. My mom shops at Lowe's and we accumulate $$$ off per gallon. Last time I went I got regular gas for $2.59 (it was like .60 off per gallon). We can use this rate for up to 25 gallons and then we start over(buy more groceries...) so we go up with 2 of our family's cars and use up all 25 gallons at this lowered price. My question is, does anyone know about the quality of this fuel? I usually use Shell but for this price, it's hard to pass up. I'm scared the fuel is low quality, though... anybody know???
Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lowes Fuel?

had no idea Lowe's has gas or groceries.........this isn't the Lowe's , like the Home Depot is it/?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1morepart

had no idea Lowe's has gas or groceries.........this isn't the Lowe's , like the Home Depot is it/?
I want to know too.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Sounds more like Sam's Club to me.. Either way, my guess would be they use the same gas as Wal-Mart and any other discount store. Basically, the cheapest they can find. The only way they can discount it so low is to barter with the oil companies and get the best rate. I use the cheapest crap I can find for my Explorer and Contour. My Mustangs only get BP or Sunoco. I definitely wouldn't beat the tar out of your car while running cheap gas, that's for certain.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:12 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I nevered heard of lowes having either one of those and I'm not too far from NC where the OP is
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if he meant costco, i used it
a few times before s/c, and it
was fine

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I don't know. I figured everyone knew about Lowe's Foods. I guess its a NC thing.... I was assuming that it probably was the cheapest they could find but then again the prices are competitive with all of the other gas stations. Unlike Sam's Club and Wal-Mart, whose gas is cheaper without the discount. The only way you can get it for this cheap rate is by buying a ton of groceries and each $100 accumulates to a certain amount off gas (maybe .05 per gallon). I'm not sure if this means that the gas quality is competitive with other places or if they just jack up the price of their bad quality fuel just to rip people off....

For those of you that have never heard of Lowe's Foods I really don't know if it is part of Lowe's Home Improvement or not (I want to say it's not...). Here is the website though: www.lowesfoods.com. I just realized that it is only in NC. They have over 100 locations in NC and a few in SC and out of all these locations, the Lowe's Foods 5 minutes from my house is the only one with a Lowe's Fuel. Evidently they are planning to make more, the next one coming in Gastonia. Thisthread now only applies to those that live in NC, Myrtle Beach area SC, and i guess everywhere just outside of NC. Sorry for being ignorant and believing that Lowe's Foods was a national thing...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

We have the same thing here in DE. Safeway (a food store) sell gas. You get a discount if you spend X[/i] dollars at the food store.

The Lowes food has nothing to do with the Lowe's Home Improvement store. Different Companies.

If you can run on 87 octane, buy the cheapest.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Its a big rumor about 'bad gas' ruining engines and things. Do you really think our extremely tame engines are that finicky? No way. If true high-performance BMWs and especially picky Jaguar engines can run on gas from anywhere, then trust me, your Ford small block will have no problem. Just buy the octane you're suppose to buy, depending on tune, and you'll be fine. Ford sells the mustang in mass numbers, trust me they won't produce a car in mass that is going to have problems running some brands of gas. Not a chance.

I've had zero problems running with gas at any random station I can find. I changed my fuel filter at 20K and the stuff out of the input side was barely tinted tan. Octane always runs fine too.

Dont worry.