Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy looking For Help !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
hpgt

Default New guy looking For Help !!

Hey i am brand new to this site and also a new owner of a auto. black 07 Gt w/ white top stripes. First real carand was wondering what is the best thing i could do for it performance and looks wise? and what about exhaust any suggestions there?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New guy looking For Help !!

For your first mod I highly recommend a cold air intake (CIA) and tune package. Probably the best mod you can do to these cars. Check out Brenspeed for details or give them a call. For appearance, rims/tires, lowering springs, chin spoiler and etc. are a few. For exhaust...man there are so many to choose from and it depends on the type of sound you are looking for. I'm partial to the Pype Mid Muffer system as it reminds me of the old 5.0 Mustang sound.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
hpgt

Yeah i have been looking at brenspeed and it all looks great are there any mustang favorites i should know about and exhaust wise i am looking for a low intimidating sound that is gona give me more power andnot a headache every time i get in.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

CAI/tune is probably the best first mod and then decide which route you wanna take for the car. Make sure you plan ahead or you are gonna waste money.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:57 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Wow, they sky (and your wallet) is the limit on performance and looks. I'll let the performance gurus give you advise since I have no mods, but for looks roam around the forums for some great ideas.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

some say bama's better for autos as the shift points are controled by the tune as well and they say bama put alot of work into that part of the tune
Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

like the man said " Speed costs! How fast do you want to go?"

just establish a set dollar amount that you are able to spend and stick to it. Don't go crazy with the credit card.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
BlackStang21
1st Gear Member

As for as exhaust goes you just have to figure out if you want a whole new exhaust setup or just some new axelbacks. The axelbacks won't give you anymore power, just help with the sound. Exhaust won't begin to help with power till you purchase headers and midpipe. To help figure out what exhaust: https://mustangforums.com/m_3563477/tm.htm. This thread is a lifesaver when it comes to trying to figure out what exhaust and sound you like better. As for as what performance goes like said before CAI+tune is the best upgrade to start off with for our cars and from there your wallet is limit on what you can put on these cars. Hope this helped.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
hpgt

Hey thanks for all the great advice... i think i am going to go with a JLT 2 intake and tune package and exhaust wise JBA long tubes with off road cated h-pipes and top it off with slp loud mouths... if you have any videos or suggestions bout this all advice is much apreciated
Old 04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hpgt

Hey thanks for all the great advice... i think i am going to go with a JLT 2 intake and tune package and exhaust wise JBA long tubes with off road cated h-pipes and top it off with slp loud mouths... if you have any videos or suggestions bout this all advice is much apreciated
The best performance mod for an auto would be a bamachips.com JLT2/tune. Get the (93 race, 93 torque, 87 performance).

The exhaust setup your thinking of is way too loud, it would be annoying you wouldn't want to drive the car anymore.

Start with axle-backs and then work your way for the headers and midpipe. If you're thinking about SLP's, I'd suggest mac boomtubes, they sound deeper and more refined.

Quick Reply: New guy looking For Help !!