Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mr. clean auto dry

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:23 AM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

Default mr. clean auto dry

has anyone used the mr. clean auto dry kit? if so does it work better then towels? i got micro fibers, but still swirl marks everywhere. then again my car is black. thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: mr. clean auto dry

I use it and feel it works pretty well.....no spots when letting it air dry.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You will still get spots on a black car. Best way to wash with a black car is to: 1. do it in the shade 2. Spray the car with detail spray before you dry.. then wipe with microfiber towel 3. Buff with another microfiber towel.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Just for drying? Get a "absorber" from autozone or NAPA. Its a type of towel that works better than a shami andfeels more rubbery than a towel. They work great for drying w/o swirls.Ive used the auto dry and it worksgood, but it doesnt get all of the hard to reach places IMO, you still have the drips coming from the handles and from the mirors that are still dirty and need to be wiped( with an absorber)I swear by these things and can dry a car fully to ashine in 5 mins.Wax(carnuba cleaners wax etc.)the car in shade panel by panel if you have swirls now, and that should remove them. Then on the next wash, dry with an absorber and it turns out great. My previous black cars never had swirls from a wash. -Jon
Old 04-13-2008, 09:44 AM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

I think it is a function of how soft your water is to begin with. I have never used it after seeing what it did to my neighbors car...really bad results. I live in pa and the water here is so hard you can drive nails with it.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Wildmatt
1st Gear Member

Mr. Clean auto dry works pretty well, but again on a black car you may still need to buff dry
Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

It works better the warmer it is. Basically the auto dry function of it just filters the water to try to take the hard contaminants out of it. I've found that when it's cold out, it doesn't do a whole lot of good. But on an 80*+ day, it works great and dries quickly. For crevices and such, I always use a leaf blower.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Harley76

Default RE: Mr. clean auto dry

It really does work pretty good. Mine is a black GT also, and we both know how often we have to wash them, so it can be a time saver. Don't bother with the soap refills (to expensive) just wash and rinse as you normally do...THEN... use the MR. Clean as a finale rinse at the end. The replacement filters are expensive also, the box says they are good for about 10 washes but Ive gotten over 20 just depends on how bad your water is to begin with.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Are you kidding about the leaf blower? seriously? many blowers release exhaust or bypass them into the stream of air. 2 cycles tend to run rich and blow oil/gas into that exhaust stream. So basicly its blowing out a small amount of gas every time( atleast the ones ive used). -Jon
Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

I use an electric leaf blower. No exhaust or gas there.

Quick Reply: mr. clean auto dry