Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I freaking hate dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:05 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I freaking hate dealerships

lol ok..[8D]

it's still pretty cool
Old 05-03-2008, 11:35 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i will install your shifter for $50.

if your close to vegas come on out and i will have it done in 45 min- 1 hour.

no worries either, i'm an ASE certified mechanic.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 AM
buffguy
2nd Gear Member

Why don't you do the install yourself? It will take atmost 4 hours. Lets say you made minimum wage $8. You would be saving $124 there.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:47 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buffguy

Why don't you do the install yourself? It will take atmost 4 hours. Lets say you made minimum wage $8. You would be saving $124 there.
I would but I have no way to get under the car......tried my neighbors ramps, bumpers too low. Dont have any jacks,ect.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

You think that's bad? I went to our local Dodge dealership to get a tech to look at something specific on my truck for 1 minute to assess whether it needs to be booked in for work, and the service counter wouldn't do it. They wanted me to book me in "next week" for it.
So I'm like, I paid over 50k cash for this truck 8 months ago and you won't give me a tech for one minute?? "No, sorry sir, we don't operate like that".

Needless to say I wrote a nice letter to the garage owner explaining that a reply wasn't required, I won't EVER go there again for service nor purchase. Turds.
Maybe the problem was paying cash. They're not making any moremoney off of you now since you didn't finance through them!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:42 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

We all hate ford dealerships. They just wanna steal your money.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

I feel bad for you guys. The Ford dealerships down here are great imo.

Sawgrass Ford installed my X-Charger Supercharger in 12 hours, but I only paid for 8 hours of labor. They do 30,000 maintenance in 1 hour with a showroom wax for $450. They are always friendly and I've asked for a tech guy before just to ask a question and they were compliant.

Plantation Ford sucks ***, except for their body shop....completely awesome.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

That's ridiculous. If they've done 1 before, they should be able to knock it out in 30-45 minutes on a lift. It took just a bit over an hour for me to do my first one, and less than 30 minutes for my second one. The first time, I parked half way in the garage and when I lifted it, the doors were too close, so I had to climb in and out of the windows and still did it in just over an hour. And I'm not all that mechanically inclined.

Buy yourself two cheap jackstands, use your neighbors ramps and do it yourself. Not only will you have the good feeling of knowing the dealership won't screw your car up, you'll save money and probably get it done quicker, from what you've said.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

ORIGINAL: buffguy

I would but I have no way to get under the car......tried my neighbors ramps, bumpers too low. Dont have any jacks,ect.
a jack and jackstand cost $50 at most...so you would still save a bundle and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. BTW it took me an hour and half to do mine so an hr for a tech is probably about right.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverickaf17

I feel bad for you guys. The Ford dealerships down here are great imo.

Sawgrass Ford installed my X-Charger Supercharger in 12 hours, but I only paid for 8 hours of labor. They do 30,000 maintenance in 1 hour with a showroom wax for $450. They are always friendly and I've asked for a tech guy before just to ask a question and they were compliant.

Plantation Ford sucks ***, except for their body shop....completely awesome.
I hope that was a typo! Although I wouldn't doubt it for a Ford dealership.

I took my car in for a few MINOR things a month or so after I bought it. They tood me less than a week, 50 phone calls and 7 weeks later I finally got my car back. Said they lost track of it and everybody that was working on my car was fired. Needless to say I'm never going back there again. MEL CLAYTON FORD SUCKS! [:@]

Quick Reply: I freaking hate dealerships