Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some assistance.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
WarPath

Default Need some assistance.

I've been using the search button and its working great, lots of info but I need some help or maybe assistance with what I would like to do.

Now I'm new here so I'm not sure what's accepted or not. From many posts and owner preference, it's do whatever floats your boat, as long as you like it, but if technical problems arise that you are aware of, please post in response.

I own a 2006 GT, 8 cylinder, that's all I know. It was used, and no owner books or literature came with the vehicle. Not sure if I have a limited slip in the rear or anything like.

I would like to drop the front only. I would like a rake look to it, larger meatier tires in the rear, trying to go for an older muscle car appearance. However I don't know what affect if any it will have on the drivelines or anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
foot

Default RE: Need some assistance.

Check your door jam stickerto see if you have a limited slip.Under"Axle" there's a code that says either"CD" or"CG".
CD stands for 3.55 gears with limited slip, standard in all 5-speed GT's until 2007. CG stands for 3.31 gears with limited slip, standard in all automatic GT's. BG stands for 3.31 open rear axle, but that only comes on V6 cars both sticks and autos. Starting in 2007 the 3.31 limited slip was standard equipment on the 5-speed GT's too, but an optional CD 3.55 limited slip was available. 3.73's are now available in the Bullit's but I don't know the code yet.

As you can see in my sig pic, I did the exact opposite and lowered just the rear to get a "gasser" stance. Lowering the front of your GT won't hurt anything, just get the Eibach camber adjustment bolts too. They're available from the Tire Rack.com and they cost like $29.00. You put the bolts through the strut and spindle, and turn them to get the camber adjusted. An absolute must have, after lowering the front end. Piece a cake.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Mine is in spec without the camber bolts.[&:]

Lowered w/ Eibach Pro springs
Old 05-07-2008, 08:51 AM
WarPath

Thanks for the info foot, I actually think that looks pretty smooth, the "gasser" look. Nice...I don't know now, I'll have to keep surfin the member pics to help decide.

**Got the CD code**

Thanks again man.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Note - its hard to find only Front or Rear springs (i.e. 2 springs), all the manufactures sell them as a package of 4 springs. I think the only exception to this is Rousch, someone correct me if I'm wrong.