Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous

Old 05-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous

hahaha
Old 05-12-2008, 08:51 AM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AMoRT

I'm thinking about putting a dry kit of ZEX nitrous on, a 60 shot. You know, just for that little extra because i can't afford turbo.
If you are thinking you're going to put in a DRY shot of nitrous, get ready to put in a new engine after your first spray....

Nitrous is also "power on demand". You can't just be rolling down the highway, decide you want that power and push the button. The bottle has to be open, at the right pressure, and your timing needs to be pulled.

TECH: Nitrous Oxide FAQ

Tuning Nitrous Oxide Systems - Nitrous Supply

Basic Nitrous Tuning(101) -- Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords
Old 05-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

whats wrong with a dry kit? i was leaning towards a zex dry kit, 55 shot. as long as the window switch is set and i had a decent tune (if i even need it for that low of a shot) i don't see the harm in running it. im kinda a nitrous noob myself, so if i have been misled, please let me know (before i break something).

zex also offers a wet kit especially for the v6 stang, but it doesnt say what makes it different than any other wet kit. i may give them a call and see if that is a better option.

it was also my understanding that i dont need new plugs or any ingition changes with a 55 shot. is this correct?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

are you running a wet kit moose? it doesnt say in your blog. what zex kit did you get? the one specifically for our stangs?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

If any of you guys go for the zex kit i have a brand new remote bottle opener for sale $150 brand new they go for $195
send me a PM if interested
Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Hey moose, where did you buy the kit? I want to run something pretty similar to what you have. And is a 60 shot generally safe and I won't have any problems?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:12 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I have a wet shot and that seems to be the best option for the S197. It sprays the necessary fuel required for the nitrous. Much less chance of going lean. The Zex Nitrous kit has been what I have been using for a year now.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:03 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mandoq

also there not zex nitrous their call foose nitrous and wheels have nothing to do with engine so if I install the foose nitrous I'll get 75hp WTF r u in special ed?
what a tool
Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 PM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

whats wrong with a dry kit? i was leaning towards a zex dry kit, 55 shot. as long as the window switch is set and i had a decent tune (if i even need it for that low of a shot) i don't see the harm in running it. im kinda a nitrous noob myself, so if i have been misled, please let me know (before i break something).

zex also offers a wet kit especially for the v6 stang, but it doesnt say what makes it different than any other wet kit. i may give them a call and see if that is a better option.

it was also my understanding that i dont need new plugs or any ingition changes with a 55 shot. is this correct?
Definitely do not run a dry kit on an EFI car. I have the Zex kit made specifically for the 2005 Mustang GTs. The v6 kit is just aimed towards guys with the v6 but don't know anything about nitrous. The regular 05 mustang GT kit has a little more options jet size wise.

You do not need new plugs with a 75 shot and under on the 4.0. Our cars come with cold enough plugs. I ran a 60 shot for one night before I pulled that crap out and threw the 75 hp jets in. With the 75 shot all that is required is that you retard 3 degrees of timing. Well you don't technically have to but I have a custom tune with advanced timing and i pulled 3 degrees to be safe. And by the way, a "custom nitrous tune" is not necessary. I am just running the Bamachips race tune with 92 octane gas and 3 degrees pulled.

You'll love the nitrous though, the first time I sprayed the 75 shot I was racing a mistsu EVO and it felt like I was getting rear ended by a truck. I pulled right past the EVO too, it was pretty badass.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:41 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MN Moose

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

Definitely do not run a dry kit on an EFI car. I have the Zex kit made specifically for the 2005 Mustang GTs. The v6 kit is just aimed towards guys with the v6 but don't know anything about nitrous. The regular 05 mustang GT kit has a little more options jet size wise.

You do not need new plugs with a 75 shot and under on the 4.0. Our cars come with cold enough plugs. I ran a 60 shot for one night before I pulled that crap out and threw the 75 hp jets in. With the 75 shot all that is required is that you retard 3 degrees of timing. Well you don't technically have to but I have a custom tune with advanced timing and i pulled 3 degrees to be safe. And by the way, a "custom nitrous tune" is not necessary. I am just running the Bamachips race tune with 92 octane gas and 3 degrees pulled.

You'll love the nitrous though, the first time I sprayed the 75 shot I was racing a mistsu EVO and it felt like I was getting rear ended by a truck. I pulled right past the EVO too, it was pretty badass.

that bad *** i want to do that so bad

Is a 75 shot significantly different from a 60? And is there much of a difference in safety of the engine?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous