Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutting Edge Rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 PM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Default Cutting Edge Rims

Man I am soooo ready to drop the bomb on some rims. I am close to getting some Foose, but my neighbor just 3 doors down just bought a Foose Mustang so he already has a set of Nitrous with black centers on his, and Foose is almost to the point of being almost too mainstream and flavor of the day. I thought about some mega deep dish but I just dont know. My car is a candy apple red CS that already is lowered. I also tried to track down the Weld Racing rims that are on the Shadrach Mustang, but they are no longer produced so that went out the window. I am fishing for some ideas for some really aggressive looking rims with a really fat lip. Any idea's?? Also, I am worried about the quality of the rim too.....I had a set of Centerline Hellcats on my truck that were just horrible....once I got the rims I could never get my tires to stay balanced any longer....truck would shimmy everywhere anytime it hit 70 mph, once i put the stock rims back on with the same tires I had on the centerlines all was fine so it was the rims.

Anyone have any idea's out there??? Are the Foose rims already the flavor of the month, and those who have seen them in person, do they have a nice aggressive look to them in person??? I am on the edge of getting some legends or hornets....but I dont want to make a 2300 dollar mistake!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 PM
2L8IWIN
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cutting Edge Rims

I just got the 18" Nitrous' and I love them.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:15 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

GOT A GOOD HOOKUP AND HAVE BEEN SPONSORED BY WWW.MRRWHEELS.COM. I HAVE THE GT-1 WITH A 4.5" LIP IN THE BACK. I'LL POST PIX SOON.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

And here are some of my MRR GT-1 wheels

Old 05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm tired of sayingthis but if you don't want to make a mistake keep in mind the WEIGHT of the rims...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
tac0
1st Gear Member

And I'm tired of seeing MellowYellow's rims and horrible pictures of them.
(Hint: You can't see the rims at all in the picture.)
Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tac0

Actually yeah you can, they show the lip really well. I really like those rims.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 PM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Mellows wheels look awesome on his car from what I can tell from the pictures....really good looking meat on the back...I just am scared of putting black centers on my car, with it being candy apple red. I am thinking all chrome or even billet, but damn those back wheels look SWEET on his car!!! Mellow, how are you digging the rims, and how rough is the ride with them?? I REALLY like hte amount of lip on them!! If the Foose had that much lip it would have been a done deal a long time ago! (this is why I am thinking of the legends because they have a good amount of rim showing...)

Also, I totally understand rotating mass....that a lighter rim will perform much better than a heavier rim. I came from riding motorcycles...(over the last 15 years I went from a 93 cbr900 to a 98 zx9, to a 00 R1, to an 01 RC51 to an 02 GSXR)...I upgraded numerous bikes to magnesium rims just for the least amount of mass. On bikes we would even run a smaller chain and would get increases in hp just because it was less for the motor to spin. Now with the car, I dont plan on drag racing and I dont know how much difference in mass there is in the wheels that I have been looking at....if it was all about 1/4 mile times it would be simple to jsut grab some Weld drag wheels and be done with it, but this is my daily driver hopefully for the next 7 - 10 years so appearance and drivability are also very important to me.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tac0

We dont want to get you or any other newbie tired of being here and seeing bad pictures of peoples cars, so here is a better shot of mine and Redrider, they have grey centers and chrome as well. They are lighter than my Foose Nitrous and great quality. They are made in Taiwan, not in China like most rims, including Foose,are made.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Eric261
2nd Gear Member

I like these rims for their lip its super deep @ 5 inches,thruxton mega dish rims.

Quick Reply: Cutting Edge Rims