Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tein Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
GrnT

Default Tein Lowering springs

Has any one used these lowering springs? How are they? Pictures?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:53 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tein Lowering springs

ive seen them, they are green. more popular with the tuner crowd. dont think too many people on here have them.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:54 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

I have Tein H.springsand I love 'em. The drop is 0.9" front and 1.7" rear. The car sits almost level. Wheel gap after the drop is 1-1/4" front and about the same for the rear. Ride is not harsh. Just a little stiffer than stock. The H. Techs are gold colored while the S. Techs are green. The S. Techs will drop your car even lower. If you get the S. Techs then you will definitelyneed to do other suspension mods to get everything aligned correctly. I chose the H. Techs because I didn't want to sacrifice ride comfort. Here's a pic of my car on Tein H. springs...

Old 05-17-2008, 07:25 AM
GrnT

Thanks for responding.
Your car looks awesome.
I picked up on the set of S Tech springs for 144 dollars. They were listed at a 1.5 drop.
Did you do the install? and did you use the same parts over or did you but new upper spring mounts in?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:11 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

You got them for a good price. Make sure they're not counterfeit.

Here's how to spot counterfeit S. Techs.
http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/index.html

The S. Techs will give a drop of 1.5" in front and 2.2" in the rear. 1.5 in front would've been too low for my GT/CS because of the already low front fascia; another reason why I didn't choose the S. Techs.

Here's a pic of a GT on S. Techs.
http://www.tein.com/tech_info/g12.html

Install was pretty easyfor the rear; took about an hour. The fronts took longer; about3 hours. Ireused the original hardware and didn't need new upper spring mounts. I know some people had problems with clunking noises from the mounts and I think there's a TSB about that. I never had any noises so maybe I got lucky.

If you plan to do the install yourself then check out TacoBill's how to...
https://mustangforums.com/m_3070963/tm.htm
Old 05-17-2008, 12:38 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

How low are the sport lines? I would like to see how they ride compared to the Steeda Sport Springs. I'm also considering buying a pair to swap out the rears. Hmm ... Can anyone give me a link to the cheapest place to buy these things? 2007CalSpec did you do any other suspension modifications with these springs? I'm wondering what kind of angle your driveshaft is at with these things.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:25 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

How low are the sport lines? I would like to see how they ride compared to the Steeda Sport Springs. I'm also considering buying a pair to swap out the rears. Hmm ... Can anyone give me a link to the cheapest place to buy these things? 2007CalSpec did you do any other suspension modifications with these springs? I'm wondering what kind of angle your driveshaft is at with these things.
Sportlines? Only sportlines I know are fromEibach. You mean the S. Techs from Tein?

I didn't do any other mods to my suspension but I might have to get some camber bolts soon. I'm noticing slight inner tire wear on the front tires. Not much though. I have no idea what my driveshaft angle is at.

Here's a couple of places for Tein springs. You can also search Ebay.
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn...tang-3334.html

http://www.highperformanceoutlet.com...Springs/Detail
Old 05-17-2008, 01:34 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the quick response. I was talking about the ones from Eibach. I was seeing if the "S" Tiens are the lowest spring availabe. Regardless I've got Steeda Sport Springs currently. What do you think about me buying the "H" Tiens and swapping the rear springs out with them. Do you think it'd be level? Everything I've ever seen says the Steeda Springs are 1" up front and 1.25" in the rear. I just want more drop in the rear. Good idea? Bad idea?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:38 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Beware of the counterfit Tein springs out there. []
Old 05-17-2008, 02:46 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

Thanks for the quick response. I was talking about the ones from Eibach. I was seeing if the "S" Tiens are the lowest spring availabe. Regardless I've got Steeda Sport Springs currently. What do you think about me buying the "H" Tiens and swapping the rear springs out with them. Do you think it'd be level? Everything I've ever seen says the Steeda Springs are 1" up front and 1.25" in the rear. I just want more drop in the rear. Good idea? Bad idea?
You're gonna need to drop the rear about 2" to get things level with your 1" front Steeda springs. Eibach's rear Sportline springs should do it. The Tein H. has a drop of 1.7" in the rear. You would have a slightly higher rake angle than mine with the Tein H. rears and Steeda fronts.

Here'ssome more angles of my car...

Quick Reply: Tein Lowering springs