Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LCA Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Default LCA Help?

OkI have the spohn adj poly bushing LCA. i know i need to add some loctite, cause they do come loose after a few months. but was wondering if i just went with a non adjustable one would that be fine?

Do i need the adj one? my car is on eibach pro kit. I also have the adj panhard bar.

My issue is i dont have the tools anymore or the area. to keep tighting them and i dont drag as much anymore I'm thinking of getting the non adjustable ones. What do you guys think?
Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: LCA Help?

You shouldn't need loctite on the arms themselves, they should have jam nuts that keepthe adjustmentfrom coming loose. You do need loctite on the bolts that hold the LCA's in since they are a one time use bolt/nut. Even if you get new bolts, which is recommended, you should still use loctite on them.

You don't necessarily need adjustable lowers but you will need some sort of adjustment with your lowering kit. You would need an adjustable upper or lowers, not both, but one or the other is needed to adjust your pinion angle. The panhard bar just adjusts the left/right location of the axle after lowering.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

The guy at the shop said he tighted them real good and they came loose again as my alignment is off.I know my rear end is sorta crooked.

Will it really hurt my car if I go back to stock lca? I mean most lower there car and never switch out the LCA?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

TTT?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
05Saleen#243
3rd Gear Member

You definitley need an adjustable UCA. Your pinion angle needs to be adjusted unless you enjoy a rough ride. I have the BMR tubular LCA's with the adjustable UCA and am very pleased.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:21 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Adj. upper and get some LCAs with poly bushings to ease road noise. I went from the same Spohn ones you have to the Steeda Billet LCAs and cut down on vibrations. I thouht you wouldn't need to adjust the pinion angle unless you have a 1 piece drive shaft.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM
imnotmy77stang
2nd Gear Member

has anyone went oldschool and just boxed in their stock LCA's? i was thinking about doing it, but i'd rather do it to a spare set.

anyone have their stock arms they wanna donate for the greater good? i'll take plenty of pics and do a nice write up
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
justin_burke05
2nd Gear Member

how come they dont sell a bmr package with just an anjustable panhard with and adjustable lca and the relocation brakets for em..
instead u have to buy it all separate.. big bleh.. i mean isnt this the basic suspension stuff to replace after lowering?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

The guy at the shop said he tighted them real good and they came loose again as my alignment is off.I know my rear end is sorta crooked.

Will it really hurt my car if I go back to stock lca? I mean most lower there car and never switch out the LCA?
I'm pretty certain that if you reuse the original bolt or over torque a new or original bolt, you run the risk of them coming lose over time. Over torquing causes the bolt to stretch. Make him do it right with new bolts and loktite..
Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
imnotmy77stang
2nd Gear Member

sooo.... i guess nobody in this section has fabrication skills? or is everyone just too old and yuppified to actually go in their garages and make performance parts anymore?!?!?!

Quick Reply: LCA Help?