Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It finally arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:38 PM
70 Mach

Default It finally arrived!

Had to tell someone. I just got the call from my dealership. My Redfire GT is in. They cant prep it today so i have to go in tomorrow at 11:00 am to pick it up. Ordered on 1/12/05, delivered 4/25/05. Just when i was beginning to think this wouldnt happen. I just asked for tomorrow off and plan to drive it a few hundred miles to get the feel of it. Heck, I have to drive 60 miles just to the dealership since the ones locally wouldnt order with IUP at the time. I wonder how the new GT stacks up against my stock 70 mach 1 with 351 4bbl cleveland? I will find out.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: It finally arrived!

Hey Congratulations!!! I'm glad someone is getting their car.

I'm still waiting. [:@] It was supposed to be here last week, but the dealer told me today that my car is one of several hundred that Ford has at the plant for some type of quality check. So, rather than being in my hands in San Diego on 4/22, it is still in freakin Michigan... gawd, I have another 3 or 4 weeks now I guess. I need some Prozac... [sm=boohoo.gif]

p.s. Do you want to sell the 70 Mach 1? How about posting some pics?
Old 04-26-2005, 12:14 AM
70 Mach

Don W. Thanks for the reply. Quality check may not be a bad thing. From what i have been reading, there are a few things that need to be fixed on the new stang. Hopefully, when you get yours, you wont have to deal with gas tank, popping in the front end, etc, things that have been posted over the last several months. Could be a blessing in disguise! As long as you get it, cool. I have had the 70 mach since 1990. Dragged it home behind a tow truck. I am not real wise about how to post pics but i will research and find out how to do so. I dont have a scanner but have the pics on CD. In regard to the 05, the only concern that i have (16 hours prior to picking it up) is the red interior with the Redfire exterior. I just hope its not too much, ya know? I feel like a kid waiting to open his Christmas presents at 5am while his parents are still asleep.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Tinman05

Congradulations!! I ordered mine on 03-01-05 and have a locked in build date of week of 05-02-05. Can't wait.

Enjoy your day off and the new ride.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:47 AM
70 Mach

Thanks Tinman. I think i will enjoy the day off tremendously. You ever get the feeling that when you want something so much and wait so long and finally get the word that its here, maybe something bad will happen and ruin it for ya? Silly, i know but in the back of my mind........... Anyway, i think everything i have hoped for on this car will be fine. I will give an update tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:18 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 70 Mach

You ever get the feeling that when you want something so much and wait so long and finally get the word that its here, maybe something bad will happen and ruin it for ya?
Uh, yea... I do. I went to the dealer last Thurs to sign all the paperwork, fully expecting to pick it up the next day. Now look where I'm at. D'oh!!

But, you're right, the quality check may be a blessing in disguise, but I still was extremely disappointed to find out that it was still at the Ford plant.

Also, I have to give the dealer props... it wasn't their fault, but they wanted to ease my pain. Late this afternoon, they called me and offered to let me "borrow" a pre-owned 2005 V6 Mustang until mine gets here. So, for the next few weeks or so, I will be driving a mineral gray V6, compliments of the dealer. It's not mine and it's not a GT, but hey... it's a Mustang. I took it out tonight for a little "fix"...
Old 04-26-2005, 10:30 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Congrats man. Try not to break your face from grinning on the way home with it.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Tinman05,

Bummer!.... I ordered on 3/01 and I'm still Clean and Unscheduled!

Want to trade Orders?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Tinman05

Professor Wizard

If I can "borrow" your 69 Torino Cobra GT until your 05 arrives I think we can work something out.....
Old 04-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Tinman....

HHHhmmmmmmmmm... lemme think about that!

Quick Reply: It finally arrived!