Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

breakstand..

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default breakstand..

uhmm.. why wont my car let me do one.. and yes TC is off.. and im dopping the clutch at about 5,000 rpms.. anyone else have this prob??
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: breakstand..

was this car a gift?

if not, i like your style

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you're dumping the clutch at 5k you will have other problems than no burnout.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

At 5000 I wouldn't even need the brakes at first....

The question then is when you say you're having problems is it that you're getting traction and taking off across the parking lot / street or is that when you hit the brakes the wheels stop spinning?

Here's what I do. Rev her up to 5k. Dump clutch. Keep foot solid on gas...floor it in fact (don't worry the rev limiter is there for a reason). Let the tires spin up for a good second and it's okay if you start moving forward a bit.
Then get on the brake with your left foot, but not too hard! Just enough to stop the forward motion.

Once you get the hang of that you can play around with keeping the revs down a bit (like 5000-6000) so you're not bouncing off the limiter.

Have fun and post some pics when you get er down
Old 06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

was this car a gift?

if not, i like your style

hehe i wish it was a gift.. but no.. i pay for it on my own..
Old 06-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red_Stallion

At 5000 I wouldn't even need the brakes at first....

The question then is when you say you're having problems is it that you're getting traction and taking off across the parking lot / street or is that when you hit the brakes the wheels stop spinning?

Here's what I do. Rev her up to 5k. Dump clutch. Keep foot solid on gas...floor it in fact (don't worry the rev limiter is there for a reason). Let the tires spin up for a good second and it's okay if you start moving forward a bit.
Then get on the brake with your left foot, but not too hard! Just enough to stop the forward motion.

Once you get the hang of that you can play around with keeping the revs down a bit (like 5000-6000) so you're not bouncing off the limiter.

Have fun and post some pics when you get er down
it worked!! you know what i was doing.. i was holding the brake down to hard haha.. and let me tell you i ROASTED the crap outta the tires hehe.. maybe this will convince me to buy new rims and tires next

i used to have a 4 banger fox body and ven that i was able to do a breakstand thats why i was confused on this car why i couldn't do it because TC was off and i was just like.. what the hell?? but i guess it was just cause the sensitivity of thwe pedals in the 2 cars is way different