Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stupidity = $$

Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Stupidity = $$

Get it fixed.. it will never go away.. and you don't want your new car to have baggage. You want to smile when you see it.. not think.. "god damn car jack".

I was obsessed with cleaning my car the first year.. and as a result of learning how to maintain a black car and some carelessness, accidently let the hose from a "do it yourself" car wash touch my hood. The hose was a little frayed in the middle, and a piece of wire was sticking out (stuff that reinforces the hose).. of course that was the part that I dragged over my beautiful, mirror-like brand new black hood. I still see it to this day.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:23 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sailing220

Definately get it repainted. Or better yet, buy an aftermarket front bumper.[8D] And grilles, and a hood.

C'mon, you're going there eventually.....
+1
I would def be getting a new front bumper doo it !
Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Envy Me

ORIGINAL: 05slpGT

ORIGINAL: sailing220

Definately get it repainted. Or better yet, buy an aftermarket front bumper.[8D] And grilles, and a hood.

C'mon, you're going there eventually.....
+1
I would def be getting a new front bumper doo it !

All right.....you dont have to twist my arm too much. So then what should I get. I have not looked at any styles so suggestions and pics would be nice!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Envy Me

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Get it fixed.. it will never go away.. and you don't want your new car to have baggage. You want to smile when you see it.. not think.. "god damn car jack".

I was obsessed with cleaning my car the first year.. and as a result of learning how to maintain a black car and some carelessness, accidently let the hose from a "do it yourself" car wash touch my hood. The hose was a little frayed in the middle, and a piece of wire was sticking out (stuff that reinforces the hose).. of course that was the part that I dragged over my beautiful, mirror-like brand new black hood. I still see it to this day.
At least I am not theonly one Your right though, even if I touch it up myself and it is not that noticable to any one else it will still drive me crazy becasue I know I will notice it every time I look at it.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

+1 on the new bumper. skip the fix and go straight to the mod.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Envy Me

It is bad enough when you find a nice scratch on your car you thenwant to kill the person who did it, it is even worse when you scratch it your self. I was being a little to careless when I was moving some things around in my garage and needless to say when i was moving my car jack I hit the front left fender and dented italong with taking a dime size chunk of paint out all the way down to the metal.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I either use touch paint and mask it the best that i can or do I just go and get the whole fender repainted? Suggestions are welcomed!
Do what we always do whenever someone gets their car scratched...hunt them down and hang 'em..oh wait, it's U! We can help you with the suicide note. [8D]
Old 06-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

I feel your pain, luckily what I did was self repairable with some Meguires scratch fixer....
looks like you need a professional...

Nice car and color by the way...........good choice!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Envy Me

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: Envy Me

It is bad enough when you find a nice scratch on your car you thenwant to kill the person who did it, it is even worse when you scratch it your self. I was being a little to careless when I was moving some things around in my garage and needless to say when i was moving my car jack I hit the front left fender and dented italong with taking a dime size chunk of paint out all the way down to the metal.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I either use touch paint and mask it the best that i can or do I just go and get the whole fender repainted? Suggestions are welcomed!
Do what we always do whenever someone gets their car scratched...hunt them down and hang 'em..oh wait, it's U! We can help you with the suicide note. [8D]
LOL...thanks, believe me after I saw what I did I felt like killing myself! My wife of course laughed her *** off becasue of how "****" I am with the car and here I am the one that scratched it. Back in December I got my wife an H3 for Christmas and no more than a week after I got it I smaked into an eclispe and totalled the eclipse. No damage to the truck though except the insurance rapeing thehell out of me now....talk about having some bad luck.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

the second day i had my 08 gt i found a nice scratch right behind the gas door (and it wasnt from the filler thing) i still cry every time i look at it and none of these "magical scratch removers" work so...im just gonna wait and get the bottom half of my car painted and go with a two tone thing
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

How bad is it? You have a pic? I would probably end up repainting the whole fender

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Stupidity = $$