Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CMDPs.....SOP?

Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Default CMDPs.....SOP?

So working with Brenspeed (very helpful) I got a working tune for my CMDPs, which some of you may remember caused my car to not run. We figured out it was in the tune (wrong intake) and now the car runs great.

My question is, how big of a difference on the seat-of-the-pants dyno should these provide? I thought the increase was marginal (5 hp?) but my to my @ss in the seat it feels like I gained 15-20hp! Anybody else have experience with this?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CMDPs.....SOP?

CMDP? Barely noticeable.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

no....your SOTP meter is not working correctly. You will not feel any gains down low and they are marginal 5-8 hp in the higher RPMS. My guess is that there is several other factors that might be giving you the extra power feeling:

[ul][*] The new tune might have some different settings[*] All previous driving habits are erased and reset[*] You are wanting to feel the extra power so your mind is telling you that there is
[/ul]
Old 06-30-2008, 02:16 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

From everything I've heard and everything I know about them, that's what I expected: no noticeable gain. But I can definitely feel more than a little power gain. Could it be because of my fairly open intake/exhaust system, or am I just going crazy?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

no....your SOTP meter is not working correctly. You will not feel any gains down low and they are marginal 5-8 hp in the higher RPMS. My guess is that there is several other factors that might be giving you the extra power feeling: [ul][*] The new tune might have some different settings[*] All previous driving habits are erased and reset[*] You are wanting to feel the extra power so your mind is telling you that there is [/ul]
That sounds reasonable. It could also be the fact that I've been driving a 4,000lb, V6 SUV for the past couple of days.

Do people usually lose low end torque, or is that marginal as well?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

no....your SOTP meter is not working correctly. You will not feel any gains down low and they are marginal 5-8 hp in the higher RPMS. My guess is that there is several other factors that might be giving you the extra power feeling: [ul][*] The new tune might have some different settings[*] All previous driving habits are erased and reset[*] You are wanting to feel the extra power so your mind is telling you that there is [/ul]
+1

The tune finally working correctly is responsible for most of the gains you're feeling. I installed my CMDP's at the same time as my UDP and I still didn't notice that big of a difference.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i could feel a little top end increase but lost a little bottom end torque

oh well, evened itself i guess...like they say, dont even consider them unless you do a lot of higher RPM runs....ie, track racing
Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

I installed mine with my TB and even then I wouldnt be able to tell you if I gained anything. When I installed my 4.10s my car didnt feel like it pulled harder to me just that I had to shift sooner lol.

Search this Thread