Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 PM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Help Please

Today after driving about 45 miles my "Check Trac Control" came on, I had not been over any rough terrrain or anything. I had about 10 miles left to go to home. I came to a stop about 5 miles later and stepped on it, hoping for some stupid reason it would fix itself. Then my display lights got really bright my CD that was playing stopped and powered down then came back on to a AM station, and the message changed to " Check Charging System" and the little battery light came on. When I got home I shut off the car let it set for a minute and then restarted the car and at that point no alerts were in the display.

A week ago today when I got back from a two trip in which my car sat, it would not start, I got it jumped and there has been no issues until today.

Of course tomorrow is a holiday and the dealer is closed. Any advice? My fear is I am going to get stranded somewhere.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Need Help Please

i'm thinking battery or alternator,
in that order

a battery store should be able
to load test the battery/charging
system for you and let you know
what's going on
Old 07-06-2008, 11:17 AM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Help Please

Hammeron< thank you. I took it to the dealer yesterday and it is the alternator. The battery is only like 3 months old and the third one in the car. Gotta love the electrical system on the '05.