Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

Default alarm systems

ok so my bro in law's yukon got jacked into last night and they stole the system out the back of it (but left the dvd players in it? lol) so it kinda spooked me and i was wondering if anybody on here has installed an aftermarket security system, i dont think my stang has one already on it and you can get what seems like a good kit for just $200 on crutchfield (and much cheaper somewhere else obviously) anybody done this tell me how hard it was, how effective the system is, and how much you paid thank you
Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
fullboogie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: alarm systems

Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good alarm. Your car is worth it. Directed Electronics makes all the major brands out there, so there's a lot to choose from. Clifford, Viper, etc.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

if you look where your map lights and there is 2 holes that look like little lights.. they arent they are motion sensors if you have the passive anti theft feature..
Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

I installed the clifford avantguard 5.1 system in my car w/ remote start. Two brains, approx 60+ wires. I spent $500 for the alarm but its the top of the line non two way system. If i did it again I would get the two way but i dont like the huge receiver.

The install really is not that hard as long as you have a good dmm and patience.

Alarm system is not going to stop someone from stealing **** out of your car. But the way i did mine it will prevent them from driving it away and they might be slightly annoyed by the 5 piezo sirens on the inside.

Just be smart, dont bump your system near your house. Dont advertise to everyone, reduce the amount of rattles you hear from the outside. Tinted windows prevents them from seeing in. Put up a windshield sun reflector when you park all the time. And never keep anything in your car besides what you need like registration and insurance.

Problem is. you can never prevent them from just towing your car....
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

If you have the Active Anti-theft system Johnboy7701 stated, there is no need for another alarm. Most honest alarm vendors will tell you that. If a thief wants you system, they will get it no matter what brand of alarm you have.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

I installed the clifford avantguard 5.1 system in my car w/ remote start. Two brains, approx 60+ wires. I spent $500 for the alarm but its the top of the line non two way system. If i did it again I would get the two way but i dont like the huge receiver.

The install really is not that hard as long as you have a good dmm and patience.

Alarm system is not going to stop someone from stealing **** out of your car. But the way i did mine it will prevent them from driving it away and they might be slightly annoyed by the 5 piezo sirens on the inside.

Just be smart, dont bump your system near your house. Dont advertise to everyone, reduce the amount of rattles you hear from the outside. Tinted windows prevents them from seeing in. Put up a windshield sun reflector when you park all the time. And never keep anything in your car besides what you need like registration and insurance.

clifford FTW its a nice alarm system imo i would recomend it

Yea don't advertise your system also...
Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

i dont have a system yet and when i do it wont be loud enough for anybody to hear it, and i didnt know about the sensors, im used to seeing them on the dash with the little red light so ill look tomorrow...but whats a good alarm that doesnt have a remote start and is under $400? (i have a stick and i dont wanna bother with the starter, plus its heated garage kept anyways so no real need)
Old 07-13-2008, 10:08 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

+1 I have the Clifford 2 way it's worth the money I spent $550 on mine installed. I need to get a picture of the LED blude flshing lights inside the car on the PIllars, looks legit!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Bullitt#3949
1st Gear Member

stock passive for me[8D]
Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
david01130
4th Gear Member

I have been looking into getting one too. Does anyone have any experience with CodeAlarm? kcautosound.com can prewire it for your mustang for an easy installation and they have pretty good prices too.

Quick Reply: alarm systems