Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
JonBlaze

Default Hello!

I just traded in my 95 GT for a 08 GT!!! These new ponies rock! Anyways, before I start modding my stang I think its important to take care of the lubricants first. Ive been reading some post on oil and stuff, but really just wanted to get your guys opinion first. Ive narrowed it down to two companies products either royal purple or redline oil. Im going to change out the oil, trans fluid, diff fluid, and coolant....I know you should let the engine break in with the dino stuff, but I technically bought the car used...Its an 08 with 7000 miles on it. so I think it will be ok to swith all the stuff for some better quality lube. I want to take care of the new stang right from the start!..One last question I live in Tucson, Arizona where its hot all year round with many months of temps in the triple digits..I was wondering should I step up the oil from 5W 20, to something like a 5W 30...so the oil wouldnt break down? Thanks for your time!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:29 PM
GTVapor
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hello!

What color is your new stang?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
JonBlaze

Its a dark grey... its not the light grey tungsten... ive never seen one this color...its almost like a gunmetal or smoke
Old 07-12-2008, 03:52 PM
rojizostang
2nd Gear Member

welcome
Old 07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
JonBlaze

Thxs for welcoming me. Another quick question also regarding my coolant refill being that I live in Arizona where we never see freezing temps would any of you see a problem with me using straight water and a bottle of water wetter in my cooling system?..I also know to use distilled water is better correct?...Thxs again guys.