Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripe The Scoop or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

Default Stripe The Scoop or Not?

I have the black/chrome look going on with my mustang. And I've been wanting to get stripes for a long time but deciding between silver or matte black. I finally chose matte black because I didn't want to take away from the chrome look. And I wanted that Knight Rider look too.

So now that I ordered the Matte Black stripes, I wonder if I should stripe over the scoop or around it? They stripes are two 12" with no pinstripes. I chose 12" due to the location of my foglights. The 10" would have come up just short of the end of each foglight while the 12" comes right to the end of each one.

It basically comes down to if I stripe the scoop, it might be less noticeable and might draw too much attention away from the chrome. If I don't, it might look tacky and unfinished or that I did the scoop after the stripes.

You choose...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stripe The Scoop or Not?

how big is the hoodscoop? I wouldnt stripe the hood scoop if two 12" stripes wont fit on it. I would only stripe the scoop if its like the new roush stripes that fit on the scoop (not sure what size those are).
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

I posted something similar in another thread earlier today, but here goes:

Yes, you should stripe the scoop. Not striping it will make your scoop look like an afterthought that you one day just plotted onto your car. It is much better to integrate the scoop to blend with your car by striping over it. Granted, it may have to be removed to do the stripes on the hood and then the scoop might have to be striped separately (like mine was), but the end result is well worth it. You can also do like Roush does and just stripe the top of the hood scoop. That looks pretty nice as well.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

no don't
Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

You mean stripe over it or stripe the entire thing?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverickaf17

You mean stripe over it or stripe the entire thing?
Huh?

If you put stripes over the entire scoop it will probably have to be removed... they'll have to do the hood and then the scoop separately. Roush stripes underneath the scoop as well but only puts stripes on the very top of the scoop (the part that faces the sky). Google it and you'll see what I mean.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

No no no...

What I mean is over the scoop, which is having the two stripes planted over it with the line still in the middle. Or over the entire scoop, which is having the entire "open" part of the scoop striped to match the stripes on the car.

Its the difference of having a line in the center or having the entire top "open" portion covered.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I like the stripes over the hood scoop like the black with silver stripes on the webpage below, scroll to the bottom.. looks like the majority of folks dont stripe the hood scoop..be different

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...;products_id=2

Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverickaf17

No no no...

What I mean is over the scoop, which is having the two stripes planted over it with the line still in the middle. Or over the entire scoop, which is having the entire "open" part of the scoop striped to match the stripes on the car.

Its the difference of having a line in the center or having the entire top "open" portion covered.
Well yeah you'd have to do the gap in the center of the stripes on thescoop as well. Otherwise it would look tacky.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Wildpig51
2nd Gear Member

I chose not to stripe the scoop and think that it turner out good.

Quick Reply: Stripe The Scoop or Not?