Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

Default Alarm question

Ok so I just had a “security event” and my alarm was going off. Went and turned off the alarm and did a quick look over the car and couldn’t find any scratches or dents. I have the passive anti theft system that came with the car. My question; is there a way to tell what or which sensor actually tripped the alarm soI know where to look? I did a quick scan of the owner’s manual but didn’t see anything. Can the stock alarm tell me this info or is it beyond the systems capabilities?? Also I had the windows down, does anyone have problems with the cabin motion sensors being tripped by things outside the car?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Alarm question

ORIGINAL: rehtorb

Ok so I just had a “security event” and my alarm was going off. Went and turned off the alarm and did a quick look over the car and couldn’t find any scratches or dents. I have the passive anti theft system that came with the car. My question; is there a way to tell what or which sensor actually tripped the alarm soI know where to look? I did a quick scan of the owner’s manual but didn’t see anything. Can the stock alarm tell me this info or is it beyond the systems capabilities?? Also I had the windows down, does anyone have problems with the cabin motion sensors being tripped by things outside the car?
You mean you have the active anti theft system, right? The passive system is just the SecuriLock chipped key and it doesn't have a motion sensor.

Anyway, was the car unattended? Maybe someone reached in the window.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 AM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii
You mean you have the active anti theft system, right? The passive system is just the SecuriLock chipped key and it doesn't have a motion sensor.

Anyway, was the car unattended? Maybe someone reached in the window.

[/quote]

Yeah i ment active and it was unattended outside my house. Its possible that someone did reach into my car but I dont keep anything in it. I was just wondering if the alarm system would give me more info about the event.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

False alarms with the windows down and the active theft system armed
are common. Roll up the windows if you are going to activate the alarm.
Or expect false alarms to occure.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:25 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Mine has gone off by someone just getting close to the car with the windows down. It will definitely go off if someone reaches inside or sticks their head inside the car.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:22 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Yea, the stock alarm is great, is it not?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Even a wind gust is enough to set the system off if the windows are down. Personally, I'm glad it has that amount of sensitivity.

To my knowledge, the system doesn't have the ability to tell you what set it off.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Funny...that just happened at lunch today. Took the boy out for tacos on the patio and while admiring the Stang....the alarm went off. Noone was around and, yes, the windows were down.

What sensor is too sensitive??
Old 08-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

It would be the motion sensor. It's senstive to pressure changes which occur as a result of movement. So much that when you've engaged the system and then open the trunk it disengages the motion sensor. The pressure change when you open or close the trunk lid will set the system off otherwise.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:09 PM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

last time i had the windows down and i just barely reach in and the alarm goes off
giving me a jump, but yea windows down is a big no no when activated, windows up
gives me no problems

Quick Reply: Alarm question