Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Devil LLC?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:58 AM
PaintDevil

Default RE: Paint Devil LLC?

Our paintjobs actually loook show quality. We color sand every item we sell before we ship...

Here is the member on here "hootna" hood he ordered from us...I took picture of this awile ago...I also took few other pictures of items we did...

The only people who come on here, are the ones who had bad experiences which is proablly 2% of our people and it was all because of shipping problems..

Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
PaintDevil

Default RE: Paint Devil LLC?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I received my hood and scoops a few weeks back and this is mt experience. The red Ram Air hood above is mine and to start off it took 2 months for me to receive it. I bought the hood and side scoops from them off of e-bay. After about a month I was told the hood had shipped and it would be going through Greyhound freight and this would take a while. Well a few weeks passed by and was told it would be there next week and then the next week. Finally it shows up UPS I was told that they would deliver which was fine. The driver procedes to tell me I owe them $190 for shipping I am like WTF I already paid shipping. He calls in to ask and I am like man screw it here is a check I just want my hood and am not waiting any longer. So I look at the shipping info and find out the hood left the North East like 4 days ago. The driver was saying there is no way a box will take a month or more to get there so this means that the Devils dropped it off locally at Greyhound then it sat locally for 3 weeks and went to UPS and got to me in 4 days. Possible I will give them that...

Ok so we unpack the box and the hood is bubble wrapped and it is undamaged so I set it aside, the scoops are there too. The painting is ok I would not call it show quality by any means. There is some areas that feel a little rough inside the scoop and at the front edge of the hood but hey I can deal with it I am not looking for show quality. The scoops are the same they are not finished very well I mean if you can see in them they should be done nice inside and again prep work around the edges is not great. Not show quality again...

Anyway I have the parts sitting there and decide to take the scoops to my local shop to install as they were putting in my Charge deletes and a couple other things. They put them on and notice the paint does not match to well it is off but not by a mile but still it could be close. I do notice that the areas that were not prepped well stick out but its ok my car isnt a show car.

Get my car back and wife gets back from vacation so I get her to help with the hood install. We put it on, love the hood but the paint color on this part is way off. My hood is like a bright Orange and I tell my wife there is no way in hell I am driving my car like this.

I take my car to the body shop and they look at it and tell me that there are problems with the paint job and point out areas that show bad prep work. Basically they were far from impressed with the work and will be repainting the hood and scoops to match the car.

So I send a note to the Devils... I tell them about the situation and am told it is apparently normal to have to blend in the color to the fenders. Not sure if this is normal with lets say a prepainted Roush body kit I kind of doubt it. I also tell them the prep work is not good and am asked what is wrong. I am not an expert so tell them if they are that concerned call my body shop and ask them as they can tell them exactly what ithey did wrong. I also tell the head Devil that although I am not an expert this is no way a SHOW quality paint job...

There are other things I found interesting. The Devils deal on E-bay and have 100% positive feedback. They do not have recent feed back and as per the head Devil they ship like 15 items a day. Ok if you ship 15 items a day you should have lots of feedback... Also feedback is only allowed up to 60 days after the auction so guess what I got my stuff 2 months later so I couldnt leave feedback. Noticed a week or so before funny the hood just about shipped them Hmmmmm!!!

Then they send it COD oh but the head Devil has an account with UPS and all I needed to do was tell them the account #. Last I knew one gave that info up front kind of like when I paid them for the shipping. That is ok I did a stop payment on the check, have never done that before I met the Devil.

So my car is in the paint shop, went down to see her today and that hood is sanded down being prepped for painting in a couple of days. They are also fixing some rock chips and a scratch as well as painting the Devil side scoops.

So I just want everyone to know about my experince I would have liked some compensation but at this point I really dont care. Money has been spent and my lesson has been learned. I feel bad that I stood behind these folks in my previous posts but like to give everyone a chance. I do not like dealing with people that I feel are dishonest and would much rather distance myself at this point. Plus my baby is in the shop and I am getting her back next week with a beautiful paint job and some new black stripes too. I cant wait...

I gave asked the shop to take some before photos so they will be sending them to me. I will post them.

Heres a link to their E-Bay profile: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/lrocky803/
Again 15 items a day shipped and no feedback in 3 months.. Hmmmmm..

Last edited by Hootna; 08-23-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well Paint Devil I am not convinced and I have seen much better pics of show quality work and I am NOT impressed...... I will stick to my local Show quality paint and body guy that is exp and trust worthy....... sorry
Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Went to the shop this morning and they have the hood repainted as well as my fenders to remove the rock chips and my rear bumper where I had a huge scratch on one edge. Really amazing as last night after work when I stoped by it was all sanded down and looking rough. I came home kind of depressed and told my wife it is hard to see your car that was beautiful looking like that... But this morning my fenders are red, my hood is red and the scoops are red... Oh and they are the right color red! I was going over with them how I want the stripes. These guys are very professional. I should have done this at first. Again lesson learned...
Old 08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

another ebay scam artist... thanks for all the detailed information guys, sorry things turned out bad...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

DO NOT BUY OR SELL FROM! I am now dealing with CC companies because this company is a huge scam artist! shawn@paintdevilrepair.com is the email he used, he bought my cervinis exhaust kit from me, its been 4 months since he received it and suddenly i have a dispute out to get back the money he paid me for it. i didn't know he ran an ebay junk yard. DO NOT BUY FROM! thankfully i have a legal team as well as all ducumentaion of him reciveing the parts as well as "thanking me" for them.
just figured i would chime in and try to save some fellow stangs and their owners.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

At least I did see someone finally left him some negative feedback. He blocked my e-mail after I complained to E-Bay and of course as always E-Bay wont do anything. Sorry to here he has screwed another member.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Looks as though they haven't sold much plus there rating is pretty low given the small numer of items sold. Also, read their feeback, that will give you some idea of the paint quality. I don't think I'd be buying from them any time soon.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
bigmax350
1st Gear Member

is there anyone else who does pre-painted cervinis?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint Devil LLC?