Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am no longer a GT350

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:02 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I am no longer a GT350

the gt500 has shelbys name all over it, what do you mean he didnt have a hand in it?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:26 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2005 white s197

Now your getting it..........your correct, the GT 500 you drive was built by Ford, Shelby didn't have a hand in it what so ever, hence the lack of the Shelby name. Now should you want a real Shelby GT 500 you would need to purchase the 2009 Mustang GT 500 KR.
The GT 500KR is sent to Shelby as a GT 500 and turned into the KR. Your OK inmybook ! I like someone with a open mind, can I place you on my buddy list?
you are a seriously confused[8D]....The lack of the shelby name>>>Now, you just confirmed your lack of knowledge. So my vin number which signifies it shelby on my title...insurance etc...makes it not a shelby? ok,,,,yeah..put me on your buddy list as your lack of knowledge just made you only the 2nd peson to almost qualify on my ignore list...anyways...we are hijacking theis OP's thread..sorry OP...it may be time to close this thread as comments that are as ignorant as 2005 White s197 above are starting to become the norm on this topic...
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Every GT500 I have seen says SHELBY on the decklid ???
Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
2005 white s197
1st Gear Member

The GT 500 as it currently is was "never" sent to Shelby for any mod's. to turn it into a GT 500. It is the only "ever" GT 500 that never was sent to or received by Shelby. Its 100% manufactured by Ford at their assy. plant. Shelby under pressure from Ford agreed to this (his own words). The deal agreement was Shelby to allow the use of GT 500 in exchange for Shelby to procduce the "real"Shelby GT 500KR (again his own words).
Old 07-27-2008, 04:30 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Every GT500 I have seen says SHELBY on the decklid ???
They do....and on the title...and on the plaque that shelby himself signs and will send you and on the,,etc etc...but 2005 white s197 is too smart to see it,,,must be that saltwater air he is breathing in
Old 07-27-2008, 04:32 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

The GT 500 as it currently is was "never" sent to Shelby for any mod's. to turn it into a GT 500. It is the only "ever" GT 500 that never was sent to or received by Shelby. Its 100% manufactured by Ford at their assy. plant. Shelby under pressure from Ford agreed to this (his own words). The deal agreement was Shelby to allow the use of GT 500 in exchange for Shelby to procduce the "real"Shelby GT 500KR (again his own words).
really...quoting Shelby now...care to show me the press release where he states that agreement you know so much about?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:35 PM
2005 white s197
1st Gear Member

If you feel this isn't true, then give me the month your GT 500 left the Ford plant and was received by Shelby? and turned into a GT 500 ?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:51 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Now your getting it..........your correct, the GT 500 you drive was built by Ford, Shelby didn't have a hand in it what so ever, hence the lack of the Shelby name. Now should you want a real Shelby GT 500 you would need to purchase the 2009 Mustang GT 500 KR.

If you feel this isn't true, then give me the month your GT 500 left the Ford plant and was received by Shelby? and turned into a GT 500 ?
I have nothing to prove...you are the one who made the quote above. All I asked was to prove your statement. lets get this straight...I am not arguing that the GT500 was assembled by SVT in flint Michigan...Just as you can not claimwhat you stated above..you are quoting BLOG specualation that you heard or read off some website. Just as you claimed that shelbys name is no where on the GT500...when it is...that is why if you want a SHELBY GT500 signed plaque ..you cant buy one if you have a gt..it has to be a REGISTERED SHELBY vin number from a GT500...albeit shelby did not build my car..nor is HE personally building anyones car...he was involved and consulted on the design concept etc..so please...stop trying to pollute facts with your twisted fiction
Old 07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Just because ford doesnt ship every gt500 to the vegas shelby plant to be converted doesnt mean they are not shelbys. Do you know how much money the company would lose having to disassemble a bunch of gts, after they have been shipped across the country for most of them just to be shipped back again. I guess they could do that, but expect your car to cost 90,000 just so you can have the peace of mind that some guy wearing a t shirt that says shelby on it built your car. cheftjpeck has already told you that his car has a shelby vin, engine and plaque all from shelby. Therefore its a real shelby. And just so you know, the svt plant has been making cobras and other shelby autos for years. And who cares if there is no current gt350? The ability to make the mustang whatever you want is what owning these cars is all about, My car is a boss tribute I guess i should go tear my stripes off cause ford didnt make a boss s197
Old 07-27-2008, 05:32 PM
pnut
2nd Gear Member

I started this post, I wanted to clarify a few things from my point of view.

One of the first things anyone would ask about my Mustang when they saw it (friend or stranger) was questions about "is it a real GT350?" or "I didn't know they made the GT350 now?" or "Is it a real Shelby?".

I want people to look a the whole package, and appreciate what I've done, not to focus on those trivial things. THAT is why I did the change. I figured I could do other trim than GT350 or Shelby bits that would make it unique, but not force me to answer silly questions. I want it to be taken seriously as well put together (by myself and others). I am a perfectionist, and the GT350 and Shelby badge just brought me to a point where I didn't think it was perfect, so I'm changing it.

Personally I agree that you can add all the Shelby bits and make it look the same as a "real" one, but a "real" Shelby will hold a higher value always, no matter what we say. I don't think it is at all wrong to copy the look or outright duplicate one, just don't expect to forego the questions, or to be able to sell it for as much as a "real" one. I always feel it's your car, do what you want. People can complain they want, screw 'em.

That's all.

Quick Reply: I am no longer a GT350