Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

choices

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 02:36 AM
TreyMR2

Default choices

Alright well I finally got me a pretty nice job and its time for a new car for my daily. I've been pricing and test drove a few 2009 GT's and I really like them but I was wondering about the whole bullitt package. I already have my quick track car so I really don't plan on modding whatever I get. I just wanna know if it would really be worth it to get one over the regular GT. I know I wanna put the shelby wing on it and some flowmasters but thats about it. I just wanna hear an opinion from someone that has one. Also what about the glass tops? Would it really be worth it to? I've never seen one in person but if some of you that have really liked it I'll definitely look into it. My price range is pretty much anything except the shelby, roush, saleen, or any of that. Thanks ahead of time guys. I'm really new with mustangs so just bare with me on the questions.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:15 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Default RE: choices

Just get the GT. Not worth the extra money for the Bullitt.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:53 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Bullitt has better seats and steering wheel, an awesome shifter, it looks nice IMO.... I would go with the Bullitt.........especially if you don't wanna mod anything...it comes well prepared....
Old 07-26-2008, 08:16 AM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

get a bullit or a california special
theyre both nice looking but the bullit has more power (tune) and i think
a better suspension
Old 07-26-2008, 09:25 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

If that Highland Green floats your boat, go for the Bullitt. Otherwise, pick out a beautiful GT Premium and mod it to your liking. Best of luck. I'm in a similar situation and just picked out my new daily driver (see sig)
Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

buillit, imo....if you really don't care to mod, but you will
Old 07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
TreyMR2

Well the thing with modding is I already have like 6K in a motor swap I did on my toyota MR2. Its got a 98 JDM Turbo motor, intercooler, boost controller running 17psi, intake, decated exhaust, and poly motor mounts. I would like to keep it as my only really modded car. All I really want with the stang is I nice aggresive exhaust then a few body mods. I know I want the shelby wing, flowmasters, roush side window louvers, and maybe a GT500 conversion later on down the road. I'm not gonna lie and say I'll never mod the motor just not anytime soon. Thats why I wanna know whats the best platform to start with. I'm really leaning more towards a black GT premium manual with like every option but the auto and the glass top.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I know I want the shelby wing, flowmasters, roush side window louvers, and maybe a GT500 conversion later on down the road.
Simple. If this is the case, get the GT. No sense in getting the Bullitt if you are serious about the above mods.....

Old 07-26-2008, 03:39 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

A bullit should have a better resale value. I'm starting to get concerned, I've got an 05 that I'm looking to sell soon, and there are a LOT of used Mustangs on the market. I'm afraid that I'm not going to get much for it.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

If you plan on modding the get the GT ... if you want it to remain stock then get the bullit. Personally I would get the GT.

Quick Reply: choices