Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEADERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HEADERS

i'm affraid of that actually. It's pretty loud as it is. I get followed around by police enough. I like the bassani x pipe tho. I saw it somewhere and it has a cat camp on or off system. Just clamp off the cats and replace with supplied pipe. Any one know how the fitment is on the bassani longtubes?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:46 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kinglasher

i'm affraid of that actually. It's pretty loud as it is. I get followed around by police enough. I like the bassani x pipe tho. I saw it somewhere and it has a cat camp on or off system. Just clamp off the cats and replace with supplied pipe. Any one know how the fitment is on the bassani longtubes?
Haven't seen anyone on the forum using bassani headers.

My JBA's come in tommorrw! [8D]
Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 AM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

hows installation on the long tubes. I asked someone from stillen and they said that it takes a very long time and have to adjust the front bars or something like that.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 AM
QTR Stang4.6

have JBA & O/R H pipe

no problems at all
Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

ARH are the best. They stole Kook's top designer, gave him a shopand told him to have fun.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Kluski

I like the bassani x pipe tho. I saw it somewhere and it has a cat camp on or off system. Just clamp off the cats and replace with supplied pipe. Any one know how the fitment is on the bassani longtubes?
I have the bassani x-pipe. The hi-flow and straight pipe change is pretty nice. It is nice and loud with the straight legs in there andstock headers.

I have heard of someone having the Bassani x-pipe and a different brand header (forgot which one) and they had trouble. I have seen a few threads on different forums with people warning not to interchange brands due to fit issues.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

One thing to mention to all of those looking for long tubes.

Friend of mine who owns/operates a performance shop said that if you're going to get a clutch at any time, you need to buy the clutch and put it in before the LT's. Reason being, they will have to remove your LT's to install the clutch and it's just more labor cost.

If you're about to do a clutch, then wait on LT's. If it's going to be a while or you don't mind the extra labor cost, then go for it!

I really want LT's for the power, but I am hesitant for the mere reason that my car is LOUD now and I really don't want it getting louder. I have a high flow cat(ted) x pipe from Bassani and no mufflers.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Are you kidding me? You have to take out the headers to get at the clutch? Is that just a s197 issue or is that normal? Because that sucks.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Kluski

ORIGINAL: GT/SRT
I really want LT's for the power, but I am hesitant for the mere reason that my car is LOUD now and I really don't want it getting louder. I have a high flow cat(ted) x pipe from Bassani and no mufflers.
NO mufflers? Yeah, I can imagine your ride is loud.

If you already have hi-flow cats, how much could you expected to gain from the headers? I thought most of the gains from LT headers was the change in the cats. Am I wrong? I also thought about getting LTs but was not sure if the cost was justifiable for the power gains if I already have hi-flow cats.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kluski

I like the bassani x pipe tho. I saw it somewhere and it has a cat camp on or off system. Just clamp off the cats and replace with supplied pipe. Any one know how the fitment is on the bassani longtubes?
I have the bassani x-pipe. The hi-flow and straight pipe change is pretty nice. It is nice and loud with the straight legs in there andstock headers.

I have heard of someone having the Bassani x-pipe and a different brand header (forgot which one) and they had trouble. I have seen a few threads on different forums with people warning not to interchange brands due to fit issues.
This is why i was willing to take the bassani headers with thetheir xpipe because i like the feature.

Quick Reply: HEADERS