Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Knobs..

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default Stupid *****..

So.. I got a little naughty in my car a month back and one of the ***** on the seat broke off. The **** on the back of the seat which releases the seat forward and back. I went to the dealership and the part is like 30 sumthin bucks for this little piece of plastic. I went in and said I lowered the seat down and it just broke off. So they said they would replace it for no charge but with the hours I work I can never make it to the dealership because "They have to put it in." So I'm ready to just buy it now because the other side broke off too. Does anyone know where I can buy these online? Or does anyone have a wrecked 05+ stang?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:14 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

You may want to check: car-part.com You can pull up any make and model to see what salvage yards have S197's or particular parts. Most of them will ship so even if you find what you are looking for a long ways away you can always have them ship the parts. I have found quite a few things on there in the past. Good Luck!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

well i searched on there but nothing came up.. =( i dont have the time to go to the dealership..and i dun feel like paying 60 bux for 2 plastic *****
Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

Did your ***** just come off or did they break? If they just fell off I would think you could glue them back on. If I remember right, when I recovered my seats the ***** just pulled off the metal lever. I would think you would be able to fix that somehow.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM
jbhunter
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the "car-part.com " site.. I am looking for a headliner to fix a hole left by the previous owners DVD player (yes...dvd player in a mustang. 10.5" with wireless headsets no doubt and it sagged the headliner big time)
Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

haha ^^ funny post what a ******* that guy musta been..

and yeah the **** broke off it will go back in but one side to the clip is snapped so it will just slid off and its loose
Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Whiteflash454
3rd Gear Member

Mine broke off too, oh well. its not major
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
tsquare

Try this one, a billit replacement ****.

http://innovators.bz/iw_07_003.htm
Old 08-21-2008, 10:53 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

They actually told you that they have to put them on? Ohhhhh, because it's warranty work?

I broke the one on the back of the driver's seat (the lever and everything is still fine, but the **** itself broke into 3 pieces) but I was thinking about just getting some model glue and gluing the pieces back together, although you could probably never use it again since it would just break apart. Haven't had time to stop by my idiot car dealer and see how badly they want to screw me for that. Right before I financed that bridge I bought, I paid $400 for a Pirelli P-Zero from my dealer (found out about TireRack a few weeks later of course.)

But this thing--what a pain in the *** for a little piece of plastic.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

yeah it is a PITA.. they need to put it on because its "Warranty work" fvcking idiots.. u just push the damn thing on.. they want me to come there.. at 7 am.. (of couse i cant because im leaving for work.. ) and dirve out of my way for them to push a piece of plastic **** into the back of the seat.. frigin legos are harder to put togther then that ****.. oh well

Quick Reply: Stupid Knobs..