Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 01:30 AM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Default Supercharger question...

let's say that I have the SCT tune, CAI and UD pulleys already on my car, and then one day in the future i decide to add a supercharger, can the mods I already have stay on the car? I saw a picture of a Vortech supercharger kit and I didn't see pulleys or an air cleaner of any sort, also I assume that I will need a new tune from SCT to re-flash the ecm so it knows I just added the S/C correct??
Old 05-14-2005, 02:07 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger question...

I thought all those kits come with some type of CAI.. For 3500+ you would think so. I know for the procharger they have a tuner kit that dont have the predator or the injectors I believe. Either way what ever setup you have you should be able to just throw it on and make sure you get the tuned program for your sct before you jet out.. then get a dyno tune to make sure everything is running perfectly and see the big numbers
Old 05-14-2005, 02:26 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

LOSTSOUL where did you get your charger and how much was it??
Old 05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I cant tell you the price because he will get all over me.. haha.. but he gave me the best deal and he told me he will beat any price. He is also on other forums and knows his sheeet.. Hes been working on all this stuff for a long time. Also the good thing is you can pretty much call him for help or questions at anytime.. hahah.. I woke him up at 10pm .. dont make that a habbit.. his name is Derek and you can get him at:

Derek
512-251-7280
crash@skidmarkracing.org
Old 05-14-2005, 05:32 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2005, 06:06 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Derek is good folk. Do you sub to his forums? His partner ( skidmark ) lives about 3 miles from me. Got a pretty dang sharp truck.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:48 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

yes.. once I started to talk to him more he told me about his forum.. but I think it needs to be split for the trucks and mustangs.. He was answering everyones questions and later I found out he was also selling prochargers and that he had the f150 that blew away vipers! ahaha.. I would love to see that Your lucky to be by them all. I need him to stand over me while I try my sad attempt to install it..hahah..
Old 05-20-2005, 11:06 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

hey lostsoul... pick up a copy of the July 2005 MM&FF mag... they do a ProCharger install on an '05. Might give you a few tips.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

The new 5.0 magazine features the procharger on two 05's.I know the guy with the red 05, ***** the owner of mak performance. He's the one that does all the stuff on my car. You could check his website @ makperformance.com. He's really excited about his blown 05. And let me tell you when he finishes the job his doing to that thing is going to be one mad stang. Any ways pick up the july issue of 5.0 and you'll see for your self.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:18 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

yes.. once I started to talk to him more he told me about his forum.. but I think it needs to be split for the trucks and mustangs.. He was answering everyones questions and later I found out he was also selling prochargers and that he had the f150 that blew away vipers! ahaha.. I would love to see that Your lucky to be by them all. I need him to stand over me while I try my sad attempt to install it..hahah..
Actually Crash is down in Austin ( about 4 hours south ). Skid is up here by me. Met them through a co-worker that has a pretty tricked out HD F150.

Quick Reply: Supercharger question...