Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YES!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2005, 01:31 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Default YES!!!!!!

I never thought I would make one of theese posts,but I just called the 800 number and I have a build date by the week of June 6th. Also I ordered from the third largest mustang dealer in the U.S.

I have a few questions:
1.Does this mean I am pretty much going to get my mustang?
2.When do I get my vin?
3.How long after the build date(if everything goes smoothly)will it be untill my car arrives?

Ordered April 26th.:
2005 Mustang GT Premuim
Legend Lime
5 Speed MANUAL
Dark Charcoal Int.
Int. Upgrade Package
Wheel Locking Kits
Active Anti-Theft
Standard Bullit Rims

N2F
Old 05-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: YES!!!!!!

Congrats! I'm geeked up too since mine just showed up in the system as well. It's only a V6, but I don't care. Since I was told it would be end of June before it would get built.

Ordered May 7th, scheduled to be built week of May 30th:
2005 Mustang Premuim
Screaming Yellow
Dark Charcoal Int.
5 Speed MANUAL
Int. Upgrade Package
ABS/Traction Control
Active Anti-Theft

Old 05-14-2005, 02:30 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Hey nothing wrong with a V-6,especially a manual! Did you get a vin,or did the machine just tell you a build week? Its looks like I be getting mine around the dead of summer and my birthday!
N2F
Old 05-14-2005, 02:38 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

New2Ford,

I was wondering if you could let me know what your Priority Number is on your order. Mine is a 40. I have ordered essentially the same, but with an Automatic.

Thanks, MobyDickDog
Old 05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Yea no problem its 80.
N2F
Old 05-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: New2Ford

Hey nothing wrong with a V-6,especially a manual! Did you get a vin,or did the machine just tell you a build week? Its looks like I be getting mine around the dead of summer and my birthday!
N2F
Just the build week so far. Yeah I figuired if I was going with the 6, I definitely wanted the manual to play around with. Mostly this will be my daily driver car for going to work, but I wanted something that looked nice and was decent on gas. And this is the first time I ever wanted a Ford. I'm a die hard GM guy, but even I'm thinking that Ford has got them against the ropes. GTO... what a disappointment. Nice engine, but why call it something that it doesn't remotely resemble.

Has ANYONE had the same problem with the 800 number though, with it being too stupid to understand what your saying? I have to make funny voices to get the system to understand. Maybe I just mumble too much. [sm=bs.gif]

Hoose84
Old 05-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Yea no problem its 80.
N2F
80! I kept thinking mine was high when I hear people with 10's and mine is 20. I wonder how this number gets assigned?

Hoose84
Old 05-14-2005, 04:50 PM
fordseller

I never thought I would make one of theese posts,but I just called the 800 number and I have a build date by the week of June 6th. Also I ordered from the third largest mustang dealer in the U.S.

I have a few questions:
1.Does this mean I am pretty much going to get my mustang?
2.When do I get my vin?
3.How long after the build date(if everything goes smoothly)will it be untill my car arrives?
Congratulations! Yes, you are going to get your car! Vin should have been assigned when production date was scheduled. We've been getting ours in about two weeks after production date, and we are in North Carolina.

I don't understand why some people are having such a hard time getting their cars. I took an order on 4/27 for a GT Convertible and I already have a build week of 6/6. We actually got more allocation than we anticipated! We told about 11 people with sold orders that they would probably end up with 06's, and we have now had all of them allocated as 05's with build dates. In fact, my New Car manager just told us to get on the phones and call all the ones who wouldn't place an order because they wanted an 05 and not an 06 and see if we can get some more 05 orders! Hopefully, it is loosening up for everyone else too!
Old 05-14-2005, 06:41 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

I can't believe you guys ordered in April and have a build date already.. congrats.. But this really sucks for the rest of us.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:11 PM
fordseller

ORIGINAL: PullMeOverRed05

I can't believe you guys ordered in April and have a build date already.. congrats.. But this really sucks for the rest of us.
You just have to make sure you get with a high volumn dealership. We outsell the next three biggest dealerships in our area combined! We have been getting inquiries from customers who have orders with them.

Search this Thread